Author Topic: Substance Painter Beta 7  (Read 3405 times)

Just wow!
I have seen the new features right now on youtube... substance masking it's exactly what I was waiting for!
I love you guys, I can't help :D

Now if only there was 4K support already available, so I could finish texturing my latest model...

Just wow!
I have seen the new features right now on youtube... substance masking it's exactly what I was waiting for!
I love you guys, I can't help :D

Now if only there was 4K support already available, so I could finish texturing my latest model...

More coming in Beta 8 with multiple material! 4K will be there for the version 1.0 release.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes
looks very good now the crashes at loading own meshes are dramatically reduced now.
After some tests i can now start using the Painter App with own meshes and spend more time to learn
the last one was for me not usable but this version looks much better.

for me this was a good step forward my last and only problem now was to make a shader for modo where i can use all exported maps from painter did someone here have some preset materials for mode i would be happy if i can get it

best

Andre

Hey Lauzona, I still have to try to export painter maps, but I believe SP is currently designed to support the Disney PBR shader (Roughness/Metallic).
Modo doesn't support this kind of maps directly, so your best bet is to pass them to Substance Designer and convert them to the Spec/Glossy model. Then, in modo, you can assign the specular to the reflection, activate the blurry reflections, and assign the glossy to the roughness.
From what I see, the Spec/Glossy shader is in the roadmap, we just have to be patient :)

Hi Mario
the only nodal material system what i can handle is that from cheetah3d ;-) my skills are not
good enough for modo´s own nodal system (i learn hole live i learn ) so i don´t own designer that would be the third Nodal shader to learn than.
my hope was that now with modo 801 and the new nodal material system that someone have made a preset material that have all maps from painter included .
Maybe i not understand the disney shader but normally i think i have five or more maps every map have
some information and it should not be a problem with a nodal material system to recreate same output
the export from painter are texture maps and not a shader these maps are a calculated view of the shaders output i am sure that a user with enough skills in modo´s nodal material system can make a material that can use the painter output.
Physically based shader are only physically when shader display it but all physic is away after export , than you have only a few maps with light , color normal ... Information in exported maps are no physic no image format can transport that ;-) so the rest is light, normal, color ,vector,and so far.

But i believe that the best way was if modo can handle such shader model.

best

Andre

Ok, I made a test, and actually SP exports all the maps you need (including a specular map).
In modo, just plug the specular map to the Reflection slot, activate Blurry Reflections, and then plug the roughness map to the Roughness slot.
If you want you can plug the specular map to the Specular Color too, but I never use that slot in any shader, as it is not "physical".
Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 12:46:45 pm

Just spent some time messing with effects and masking... in a word... just WOW !
Multi material and 4K along with vector tools will make painter the ultimate painting app !

I was also watching the tutorials and I noticed something called textures and sets, where is this option? It would look very useful for things like separating pieces of models.

Hi,

Someone can tell me if we have a shortcut to change the angle of the tool brush when painting on a mesh ?
I would like to change the angle by myself like I do in Zbrush, not randomly.