Author Topic: Substance plugin for mobile  (Read 3421 times)

Support for mobile has been in the pipeline for ~3-4 years now, but I haven't seen an update to the topic for about a year. Is progress actually being made, is it being delayed, or is it because of mobile hardware limitations? If it's hardware limitations, then please consider publishing a simpler plugin so artists can still at least adjust material parameters inside the editor.
Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 05:29:18 pm

Support for mobile has been in the pipeline for ~3-4 years now, but I haven't seen an update to the topic for about a year. Is progress actually being made, is it being delayed, or is it because of mobile hardware limitations? If it's hardware limitations, then please consider publishing a simpler plugin so artists can still at least adjust material parameters inside the editor.

HI,

I'm very sorry but we still don't have an ETA to share. I know that is very frustrating and I apologize. Honestly the delay is coming down to a priority issue as we have many requests in the log that are larger ticket items. Again, I know that is not a great straightforward answer and I apologize for not having more I can share.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

That's quite alright; priorities in the pipeline is a perfectly legitimate reason. I'm honestly just glad to get an update on the feature, thanks.

So does the plugin even work for mobile or do i have to export bitmaps instead would really like to know
Co-Founder,Co-Owner,Lead Programmer,Sound Designer & Texture Artist at Nikolyte Studios

So does the plugin even work for mobile or do i have to export bitmaps instead would really like to know

Hi @notbad2142,
The plugin currently does not support mobile devices. It is a feature we have to support sooner rather than later but we currently do not have a timeframe for when it will be available so for the time being, you will have to bake and import.
Software Engineer, Integrations
daniel.stover@allegorithmic.com

Thanks for the answer.

You should fix the substance plugin in the UE 4 marketplace so supported platforms doesn't say that it supports mobile so people wouldn't have to ask if mobile is supported seeing as it doesn't support mobile yet.
Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:26:15 pm
Co-Founder,Co-Owner,Lead Programmer,Sound Designer & Texture Artist at Nikolyte Studios