Author Topic: Substance Plugin 4.16.0.24 Released  (Read 17334 times)

Overview:
This is a major version release to support UE4.16, add stability, and add additional API support.

Updates:

-- Adding a new blueprint node and support for Aggregate Substances. This blueprint node combines two GraphInstanceFactories creating a new one allowing you to chain the Substance outputs from one SubstanceGraphInstance to input image parameters of another GraphInstance. Currently, this is a runtime feature only.

-- Adding new set and get blueprint nodes to SubstanceGraphInstances for both boolean and color input types.

-- The C++ API is now exposed at a project level for all Substance core object types. This includes - SubstanceGraphInstance, SubstanceTexture2D, SubstanceInstanceFactory, and SubstanceInputImage.

-- Fixed a build issue where a Substance include path could not be found within C++ projects.

-- The GetChannel blueprint node for SubstanceTextures was missing channel options. This has been updated to have a wider range of values.

-- Linux bug causing crash when importing or interacting with GraphInstances has been fixed.

-- Various crash fixes.

Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xa6hhedwlliz5xz/Substance_UE4_Plugin_4.16.0.24.zip?dl=0

Notes:
The plugin has been sent to the Epic Marketplace and will be live in the near future. I will post an update here as soon as it becomes available. Alternatively, the most recent version of the plugin can be downloaded from the link above.
Software Engineer, Integrations
daniel.stover@allegorithmic.com

Thanks!!!  8)

Thank you!!

You rock my world

Thanks, much appreciated!

Thanks ;)

Hello, I have some error with my materials.
Error when I installed the plugin and opened my old project with substance plugin enabled, right now it's asking me to delete an asset, why? How to fix this bug?
Thank you.

hi, mac version when?

Please, someone, help me with my crashes. I trying to fix it, but UE4.16.0 crashing right after I exporting my asset. Have no idea what has happened and how to fix it?

Update: I was able to fix it, I have forgotten to copy original .uasset, one substance generating 8 files +1 root.
it was totally my mistake, but very sad here was not fast reply from it.
Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:02:43 pm

Hi, we have a problem building your plugin (4.16.0.24) for Xbox One. We tried github and markeplace versions, but the results are the same:

Severity   Code   Description   Project   File   Line   Suppression State
Error   LNK1181   cannot open input file 'D:\UnrealEngine_4_16\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\Substance\Source\SubstanceEngine/../../Libs/Release/XboxOne/pfxlinkercommon.lib'   Elea_Alpha   D:\UnrealEngine_4_16\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LINK   1   

This is the error we receive no matter the location of the plugin (projects plugins folder, engine plugins folder (runtime/marketplace)

We started the porting process for Xbox One with UE4.12 (with substance plugin included) and everything worked just fine.
The next version we were using was UE4.15(3) - again everything worked fine with the plugin.

For the records, we are building 4.16.0.24 for Win 64 successfully. The game runs fine (on PC) with all the substance materials and so one.

If we remove the plugin from the Xbox One project, we can build (we are using VS2015) and cook the game just fine (it's fully playable on the devkit), but of course, without any substance related materials. So, what are we missing? Any help?

Thanks in advance.       

Hi, we have a problem building your plugin (4.16.0.24) for Xbox One. We tried github and markeplace versions, but the results are the same:

Severity   Code   Description   Project   File   Line   Suppression State
Error   LNK1181   cannot open input file 'D:\UnrealEngine_4_16\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\Substance\Source\SubstanceEngine/../../Libs/Release/XboxOne/pfxlinkercommon.lib'   Elea_Alpha   D:\UnrealEngine_4_16\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LINK   1   

This is the error we receive no matter the location of the plugin (projects plugins folder, engine plugins folder (runtime/marketplace)

We started the porting process for Xbox One with UE4.12 (with substance plugin included) and everything worked just fine.
The next version we were using was UE4.15(3) - again everything worked fine with the plugin.

For the records, we are building 4.16.0.24 for Win 64 successfully. The game runs fine (on PC) with all the substance materials and so one.

If we remove the plugin from the Xbox One project, we can build (we are using VS2015) and cook the game just fine (it's fully playable on the devkit), but of course, without any substance related materials. So, what are we missing? Any help?

Thanks in advance.       

Hello @Ivaylo Koralsky 0,
We offer console licensee support separately from the public releases. Previously, where did you obtain the plugin? If you are already part of the licensee group, console builds were released earlier this week and you should have an email with the needed information. If not, please send an email to josh.coyne@allegorithmic.com with your company name and we can explain further about how you can get you access to the console licensee release group and the latest plugin with Xbox support.  :D

Cheers!
Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:19:52 pm
Software Engineer, Integrations
daniel.stover@allegorithmic.com

Thank you for the fast response, Dan. We will continue our conversation with Mr.Coyne.

My Unreal Engine crashes when I click on my mesh in vertex colour mode. It has a vertex node in it with a height blend node to determine whether there should be a puddle in that area or not. I use my substance sbsar textures for some of the inputs for this material and I get this error when crashing. Hope this helps.

Fatal error: [File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.16+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\Templates\Casts.cpp] [Line: 10]
Cast of SubstanceTexture2D /Game/Maps/Shared/Textures/Multi_Sized_Bricks_INST_roughness.Multi_Sized_Bricks_INST_roughness to Texture2D failed
UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:349]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!CastLogError() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\templates\casts.cpp:11]
UE4Editor_MeshPaintMode!CastChecked<UTexture2D,UTexture>() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\templates\casts.h:217]
UE4Editor_MeshPaintMode!FPaintModePainter::CacheTexturePaintData() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\meshpaintmode\private\paintmodepainter.cpp:2209]
UE4Editor_MeshPaintMode!FPaintModePainter::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\meshpaintmode\private\paintmodepainter.cpp:2107]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FEditorModeTools::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editormodemanager.cpp:716]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FLevelEditorViewportClient::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\leveleditorviewport.cpp:2063]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorengine.cpp:1701]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:386]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3119]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:166]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:134]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:210]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
kernel32
ntdll

My Unreal Engine crashes when I click on my mesh in vertex colour mode. It has a vertex node in it with a height blend node to determine whether there should be a puddle in that area or not. I use my substance sbsar textures for some of the inputs for this material and I get this error when crashing. Hope this helps.

Fatal error: [File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.16+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\Templates\Casts.cpp] [Line: 10]
Cast of SubstanceTexture2D /Game/Maps/Shared/Textures/Multi_Sized_Bricks_INST_roughness.Multi_Sized_Bricks_INST_roughness to Texture2D failed
UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:349]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!CastLogError() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\templates\casts.cpp:11]
UE4Editor_MeshPaintMode!CastChecked<UTexture2D,UTexture>() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\templates\casts.h:217]
UE4Editor_MeshPaintMode!FPaintModePainter::CacheTexturePaintData() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\meshpaintmode\private\paintmodepainter.cpp:2209]
UE4Editor_MeshPaintMode!FPaintModePainter::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\meshpaintmode\private\paintmodepainter.cpp:2107]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FEditorModeTools::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editormodemanager.cpp:716]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FLevelEditorViewportClient::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\leveleditorviewport.cpp:2063]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorengine.cpp:1701]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:386]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3119]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:166]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:134]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.16+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:210]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
kernel32
ntdll

Hey Jake Dunlop,

Sorry for the problem this crash causes you. We currently have a bug in for this issue. A workaround would be to import the substance into Substance Player and export the substance bitmaps after you have tweaked them, then use them for the inputs. Obviously, you lose the tweakability of the .sbsar file but at least it will not crash.  :-\

hi all,
im currently building a plugin for manage substance graph instances in our UE4 projects and i need to know if there is a callback when a graph has done computing the new outputs when its called with RenderAsync,
ive tried getting the callback class like this from "SubstanceCoreHelpers.h" (but with no luck)
Code: [Select]
Substance::Helpers::GetRenderCallbacks();
because i saw a method called

Code: [Select]

/** Checks the queue to determine if more outputs are to be computed */
isOutputQueueEmpty();
and thanks a lot for this amazing tech and to have take it to UE4!!