Author Topic: seamless materials with substance  (Read 3730 times)

hello there,
I'm new with Substance and UE material editor, i don't really have that much knowledge creating materials,

I've been using substance and I'm facing a bit of a problem
when I import substance instances and i put them to 4k size textures
but the materials always looks repeated even within a small area [for example: a room (6 m * 6 m ) the floor tiling is basically 9 individual tiles and repeated all along ]

also I've used the "Game Textures Material Pack" and they look seamless even on large areas

i understand that substance is a procedural texture creating tool, but

is there a way to make the materials look seamless?
like make every tile an individual random seed

also I've read something about noise adding but weren't able to find any tutorials on how to do that

I'd appreciate any help or tutorials that could make me understand how to create seamless materials with substance.

thank you in advanced.

ps i'm using UE 4.11.2 for architectural visualizations [interior & exterior]

hello there,
I'm new with Substance and UE material editor, i don't really have that much knowledge creating materials,

but the materials always looks repeated even within a small area [for example: a room (6 m * 6 m ) the floor tiling is basically 9 individual tiles and repeated all along ]

also I've used the "Game Textures Material Pack" and they look seamless even on large areas

also I've read something about noise adding but weren't able to find any tutorials on how to do that

I'd appreciate any help or tutorials that could make me understand how to create seamless materials with substance.

thank you in advanced.

HI,

Can you post some images of what you are getting with the Substance vs what you have with game textures? Are you creating your own substances or using stock substance materials? Game Textures is using Substance as well.

If the details are very intricate then it becomes much easier to see a repeating pattern. You can alleviate this by applying some larger noises on top to help blend. You can do this using various techniques such as blending a noise with the blend node or in the case of using a material you can use the material blend node.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

hello there,

thank you in advanced.

HI,

Can you post some images of what you are getting with the Substance vs what you have with game textures? Are you creating your own substances or using stock substance materials? Game Textures is using Substance as well.

If the details are very intricate then it becomes much easier to see a repeating pattern. You can alleviate this by applying some larger noises on top to help blend. You can do this using various techniques such as blending a noise with the blend node or in the case of using a material you can use the material blend node.

Cheers,

Wes

Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 06:50:18 pm

hello there,

thank you in advanced.

HI,

Cheers,

Wes

Hi Walter,

There wasn't a reply in your last message. It was just a quote.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja