Author Topic: Normal looks inverted when going on Iray Render  (Read 2780 times)

Hi,.
I have a strange bug on my 2 last models. The normal look fine on the viewer, but When I go on Iray, it looks inverted -y. I never had this issue before. If I can have some help, it will be great :) The model looks fine in Marmoset toolbag 3 and Unreal engine 4 too.

Hello ? Still have the issue, can a staff member answer me ?

It looks like your normal map is inverted in Iray, could you please attach a log file?

Yes, here it is. Thank you ! :)
Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 04:37:35 am

What are your project settings ?
What shader do you use ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Shader is pbr-metal-rough

Tanks.

Does anyone have an answer to this? I am having the same issue..

- Thank you

We have some issues related to Iray in our backlog, we plan to work on them soon.
Some of them fit the description of your problem.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I have same issues with multiple projects. Everything was baked in painter. Painting viewport is great, when switching to iRay for money shots, normals look inverted in some areas. Looking forward to the fix. Thanks  much!

Same issue here. Any news on that?
Thanks!

The issues is on Nvidia side, we are still waiting for a fix.
-----------

Any news on that?

Nothing new yet.
-----------

I have the same issue, Is there any fix yet ?

Any fix for this?  Its driving me crazy!!
Is there and older version of substance that works or is it broken on everything as usual ?