Author Topic: Saving Gradient map color ?  (Read 435 times)

Hi I just started learning Substance Designer , I am following along with the beginner videos on youtube and was wondering if the rust material you create for the gradient map that decides the color is it possible to save that as a color swatch or something so i can then change the color and still get back to original or just easily compare 2 different color choices or should I jus make a new gradient map and put the other color on that for comparing them and then just decide on one for outputting ?

A little late, but I think the best you can do is to duplicate the nodes. Or worse, take a screenshot of the gradient. It'd be nice to have a save feature, should be pretty simple to write existing data to a file

A little late, but I think the best you can do is to duplicate the nodes. Or worse, take a screenshot of the gradient. It'd be nice to have a save feature, should be pretty simple to write existing data to a file

If I understand you right, I think I might have a solution. You use the Gradient (Dynamic) node:

It samples an input gradient image. Here I made three different presets that I can cycle through with the multi-switch.
If you save these gradient images, you can use them anywhere you want later.
"Better than some, no worse than others."