Author Topic: reset slider  (Read 2129 times)

Let's say you accidentally set a slider to a large number in the typing field, how do you reset the slider to the much smaller range?

I know some sliders have reset to default value but that doesn't reset the range.  Then things like scene settings sliders have no reset at all. 

I think they should have a reset range if they don't, in case you're typing in another window or don't know that your number field is highlighted you could break a graph you've been working on for a while.  At least to a point where a slider is meaningless and you have to type in a number every time.

Let's say you accidentally set a slider to a large number in the typing field, how do you reset the slider to the much smaller range?

I know some sliders have reset to default value but that doesn't reset the range.  Then things like scene settings sliders have no reset at all. 

I think they should have a reset range if they don't, in case you're typing in another window or don't know that your number field is highlighted you could break a graph you've been working on for a while.  At least to a point where a slider is meaningless and you have to type in a number every time.

Hi Eric,

For the scene, you can choose Scene>Reset All - Reset Lights - Reset Environment. This can help to get the settings back to default. However this is more of a global reset for a category rather than individual settings.

Another workaround for reset range is that you can use undo command to get the slider back to a specific value before it was entered incorrectly.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks, Wes.

Looks like if I close the scene and open it with the sliders at near default then the range seems to reset too.  So it was probably my fault when I left the slider outside the default range and expected a reset when I reopened the graph.