Author Topic: Update bitmap masks  (Read 2490 times)

Is there a way of quickly updating bitmap masks, for example, it the mask is edited in photoshop and re-imported into painter?

If not, is there a way of adding textures to the mask editor generator and keeping the UV settings? If I manually add a B/W image that has been matched to the mesh's UVs as a bitmap mask it positions correctly. If I drag the same B/W image into mask editor texture channel, it ignores all UV information and places the image in the wrong place.

Steve

You can use the resource updater to change a bitmap file. More details here : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Version+2.6
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Wow, that works. I didn't know the resource updater could update masks!

On the same subject, is there a way of quickly re-linking external resources that are edited outside of Substance painter?

No, you will have to reload it and relocate each of them by hand. Unless you can script something.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

OK, Thanks for your reply.