Author Topic: Error during export of non-PBR textureset  (Read 8332 times)

I'm trying to export a SpecGloss non-PBR textureset but I get the following error messages:

[MapExporterDialog] Starting map export
[MapExporter] Nothing could have been exported on the DefaultMaterial stack:
[MapExporter]     The channel Specular is not available in the DefaultMaterial stack.
[MapExporter]     The channel Glossiness is not available in the DefaultMaterial stack.
[MapExporter]     The channel Diffuse is not available in the DefaultMaterial stack.
[MapExporter]     The channel Emissive is not available in the DefaultMaterial stack.
[MapExporter]     The channel Opacity is not available in the DefaultMaterial stack.
[StacksExporter] Map export ended

I also have a log file that I'll attach to this thread.

When I try to export the same textures as SpecGloss PBR or SpecGloss PBR from MetalRough it does work but I still get the same warnings:

[MapExporter] Nothing could have been exported on the DefaultMaterial stack:
[MapExporter]     The channel Specular is not available in the DefaultMaterial stack.
[MapExporter]     The channel Glossiness is not available in the DefaultMaterial stack.
[MapExporter]     The channel Diffuse is not available in the DefaultMaterial stack.
[MapExporter]     The channel Emissive is not available in the DefaultMaterial stack.
[MapExporter]     The channel Opacity is not available in the DefaultMaterial stack.
[MapExporter] The input map 'Opacity' needed by the map 'VOGD_M_AIRWAY_WINDVANE_001_DefaultMaterial_Diffuse' of the texture set 'DefaultMaterial' isn't available because: 'Opacity' channel is missing in your texture set.
[MapExporter] The input map 'Emissive' needed by the map 'VOGD_M_AIRWAY_WINDVANE_001_DefaultMaterial_Emissive' of the texture set 'DefaultMaterial' isn't available because: 'Emissive' channel is missing in your texture set.
[MapExporter] The map 'VOGD_M_AIRWAY_WINDVANE_001_DefaultMaterial_Emissive' can't be generated for the texture set 'DefaultMaterial'.

If anyone could help me that would be great.
Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 10:49:15 am

These export presets are not made to convert from Metal/Roughness. THey are meant to be used with a Spec Gloss setup in the first place. YOu can craete a custom export configuration though if you want to convert your project to Spec/Gloss at export time.

These export presets are not made to convert from Metal/Roughness. THey are meant to be used with a Spec Gloss setup in the first place. YOu can craete a custom export configuration though if you want to convert your project to Spec/Gloss at export time.

Thank you for your reply. I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean with "Spec Gloss setup". I'm still learning alot about Substance Painter, would you mind explaining this in more detail?

You are trying to export textures for a specular/glossiness shader but your project is using a roughness/metallic shader. We haven't shipped export configuration to do that conversion by default.
If you are targeting a platform that needs a specular and glossiness map, you should choose the SpecGloss template when first creating your project so that you already have all the right channels you want to export.

You are trying to export textures for a specular/glossiness shader but your project is using a roughness/metallic shader. We haven't shipped export configuration to do that conversion by default.
If you are targeting a platform that needs a specular and glossiness map, you should choose the SpecGloss template when first creating your project so that you already have all the right channels you want to export.

Okay, that makes sense  ;D. Thank you, so is there a way to convert my project to SpecGloss? Or do I need to redo my texturing completely?

Yes, you just need to create an export preset using textures from the "Converted Maps" list:

https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Creating+export+presets

it's not working for me
so I tried to add the channels that the log asked for
+++ to add base color and roughness and metalness
--- to remove diffuse specular and glossiness
now the object in substance loses all color information but the materials are procedural so how can i force a recompute of those layers?