Author Topic: Very slow response  (Read 17401 times)

Did the youtube video I linked help? It captures everything.

A video would be appreciated indeed. If you can capture the whole interface too.

Sure I will make a video today or tomorrow.

Can't find the time to make a video. But I think that i have figured out what is causing problems. Two things to be exact. First one is windows ink feature. It seems that it needs to be disabled for substance painter.
Random software freezes seem to go after resetting winsocks... Have no idea why or how is winsock connected to system freeze.

I found time to make the video. Here is the problem that I have when it comes to lagging. Basically it's like painter freezes for 100ms and then releses. It happens on start of the brush stroke and in some strange pattern but it is something like 100ms freeze 600ms works normally 100ms slowdown...

Can I just bump these post?

Hello,

can you guys give a try at Substance Painter 2017.4 ? (Even in trial if you don't have a valid license for it)
We reworked quite a lot the way brush strokes are computed and you should get better performances now.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Tried it. It is working much much better. Had to switch anti virus form 360 total security to bit defender total security.
 For some reason the 360 total security is constantly messing around with whatever is substance painter doing so you might want to check it out?
Altho there is only one thing that is still broken, and that is the stroke start. When I start drawing first part of the line is completely, laser sharp, straight. And I am not sure if that is an hardware problem or not (it is a very fast swirl) and it can be managed with lazy mouse but it is not always a solution.

Other than that it's working as it was so it's great!

Tried it. It is working much much better. Had to switch anti virus form 360 total security to bit defender total security.
 For some reason the 360 total security is constantly messing around with whatever is substance painter doing so you might want to check it out?
Altho there is only one thing that is still broken, and that is the stroke start. When I start drawing first part of the line is completely, laser sharp, straight. And I am not sure if that is an hardware problem or not (it is a very fast swirl) and it can be managed with lazy mouse but it is not always a solution.

Glad so see improvements on your side too ! :)

For the anti-virus, we can't do much. In order to maximize performances, we likely perform intensive operations that protection software often find suspicious (unless we pay them to whitelist us). Video Games usually have the same issue.

As for the stroke beginning, is this for each stroke or only the first strokes then the other will behave better ? (Without changing the brush parameters like the size).
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Haven't tried the new update yet but Ill give it a shot now.

Just tried it. Still same issue as before (I posted a video earlier in the thread) I guess Painter is going to sit the sidelines until this is figured out :(
Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 09:37:04 am

Glad so see improvements on your side too ! :)

For the anti-virus, we can't do much. In order to maximize performances, we likely perform intensive operations that protection software often find suspicious (unless we pay them to whitelist us). Video Games usually have the same issue.

As for the stroke beginning, is this for each stroke or only the first strokes then the other will behave better ? (Without changing the brush parameters like the size).

I's for every stroke. Only thing that is to make it more apparent is that I do a faster stroke. Faster the stroke bigger the straight line. It's not a hugde problem but when i need a precise line start something curved. Then it's a problem.

I had this issue for the longest time, just tried the latest painter (I had 2.4 before) and it works perfectly!

I had this issue for the longest time, just tried the latest painter (I had 2.4 before) and it works perfectly!

I am indie subscriber so I have 2017.4 version and it still has those problems.

Are you guys working with a regular mouse or something else like a wacom pen ?
-----------

Are you guys working with a regular mouse or something else like a wacom pen ?

Who works with a mouse in painter o.O I am using wacom intuos 480 ctl.