Author Topic: Between Unity Asset Store and STEAM...  (Read 2549 times)

Hi,

I noticed that SP is now also offered outside STEAM in two different versions, Indie and Pro... what that means to us that got it from STEAM at its launch? What version do we have? Indie or Pro? Honestly is not nice to discover that a product I thought to have is now offered in various different versions without us (customers) being even told...

Care to elaborate?
Thanks
Pino

Hi,

I noticed that SP is now also offered outside STEAM in two different versions, Indie and Pro... what that means to us that got it from STEAM at its launch? What version do we have? Indie or Pro? Honestly is not nice to discover that a product I thought to have is now offered in various different versions without us (customers) being even told...

Care to elaborate?
Thanks
Pino

Hello Pino,

The Indie version offered on Steam is the same version offered on our site and the Unity Asset Store. We have never offered the Pro version of Substance Painter on Steam. Only the indie version is available on Steam.

The Indie Version is the exact same feature wise. The only difference is the Indie version can be used commercially for annual income of $10K or less. Also, the Steam version allows you to sell any assets you create with SP on Steam Workshop without limitation.

It is Steam Store Policy to list software as the basic version. They do not want software listed as "lite" or "indie." That is why the SP version on Steam is not listed as an Indie version. It is sold at the indie price and we provide upgrade paths if a user wants to upgrade to Pro.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja