Author Topic: Mask by color selection freeze/crash Substance Painter 2.6  (Read 9685 times)

Administrator edit :
This issue has been fixed in our internal build.
The next hotfix of Substance Painter will get rid of the problem.

-----------

when working on a file that was created in 2.5.3 substance painter is locking up when i click a color on my model after applying a "mask by color selection" in my layer stack and choosing "pick color".

i tested this on the new competition resource file and it worked ok. Its just hanging on my current working file for some reason.
Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 04:46:45 pm
Creature / Character Artist Arenanet

http://bennettchris.artstation.com

Would you be able to upload that file somewhere for us to look at?

i don't think I am able to, unless you have some kind of agreement with the studio I work at? The file would be considered under NDA. :/ Is there any other way I can help? I'll see if I can replace the model with a temp one and get the crash to reproduce.
Creature / Character Artist Arenanet

http://bennettchris.artstation.com

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Same stuff here after 2.6.0 update, Painter is freezing and need to end it from the task manager.  Happening on old scene, production scene.

Freeze every time I am trying to use color ID. Sent log crash from lupu.sorin@gmail.com

I can also confirm this issue. I've tried with older version files and new ones. I've tried lowering the shader quality and a few other things. I can confirm that it is working with a 2048x2048 ID map. It does NOT work with 4096 and up.

I'm experiencing the same issue. Whenever I try to select a color ID with the color picker tool, the software just freezes...  This is a big problem for me at the moment because I am working towards a deadline.  Any news on a fix?

I'm experiencing the same issue. Whenever I try to select a color ID with the color picker tool, the software just freezes...  This is a big problem for me at the moment because I am working towards a deadline.  Any news on a fix?

Im also working with a due date so I got worried about this. Use a 2048x2048 ID map for now until they roll out an update. It works well for me and im still able to work on the project. Hope this helps you-

Im also working with a due date so I got worried about this. Use a 2048x2048 ID map for now until they roll out an update. It works well for me and im still able to work on the project. Hope this helps you-

Thanks nickolasnm, tried your fix and it's working using 2k ID maps. I used also 4k ID maps.

Thanks a lot man! That worked. 4K ID map wasn't necessary since I was exporting 2k in the end either way! :D

Hey guys, sorry for the troubles !
I reproduced the issue on my side and logged it. We will look into a fix quickly.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Have the same issue. It makes the program unworkable.
Substance crashes sooo much anyway and is extremely slow, especially at higher resolutions. Really thinking about switching to Mari.

Same here just freezes on picking the color mask, how do we go back ???

Changing the color_id map from 8K to 4K did the trick !