Author Topic: Meet MAT - Announcement and Rules  (Read 90929 times)

Hi, can we upload our submission on a higher resolution than 1200p?

Thanks.

Yes

Thanks  :).

Hi, am i allowed to add a specular Level channel, if i'm still using the default shader ? I know we are allowed to add an  emissive channel !

@Andre Webe You can modify the UVs but I'll reiterate that baking custom normals is not recommended. This is a texture paiting contest, not a high poly modeling one. As for the resolution, you are not locked and can create a 4k texture set if needed.

@Jorge Barros You can as long as it's not a pure copy of existing material/logo/figurine.

Hi, Jeremie.
As you were talking about the ability to modify UVs, does this mean I could have more than just the three default texture sets (Head, Body, Base)? I was wondering if I could put the Mat face geo into its own separate texture set to get more details.

Hi! I have a question regarding student submissions.

I might be too optimistic asking this, but if I submit my MAT as a student, and it is really really good, could I still be eligible to win the prizes of the non-student first place?

Thanks!

I might be too optimistic asking this, but if I submit my MAT as a student, and it is really really good, could I still be eligible to win the prizes of the non-student first place?

Just guessing...
I wonder if it has to do with what type of license you have.
Did you buy a regularly-priced package, or did you buy a discounted student copy?  Or is a floating license that is shared with other students in the classroom?
...Just guessing.
Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 04:19:23 am
Hobbyist
----------
Common "Help" suggestions:
- LOG FILE tips - https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,22451.0.html
- LICENSING issues https://www.allegorithmic.com/contact
- ATTACH files and pictures to posts: https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,23670.0.html

The rules state "You may not modify any aspect of the mesh template".

Does this include color mapping the UV? Normally my workflow is to assign different colored lamberts in Maya and export the FBX for easy UV shell selection using the color selection masks. Is this not allowed?

thanks!

If you submit MAT as a student you will only compete for the student prize.
But if you want you can compete for the "regular" top-three, without ticking the student checkbox, but you won't be in the competition for the student prize.
PO @ Allegorithmic

Hello, am i allowed to use assets from substance share or am i limited to the given 14 ?
and
can i make material in designer and use it in painter ?

Can I optimize the UVS in 3D Program or its not allowed?

Hello, am i allowed to use assets from substance share or am i limited to the given 14 ?
and
can i make material in designer and use it in painter ?

Allowed

Can I optimize the UVS in 3D Program or its not allowed?

Yes you can. Were answered earlier in this post.

Hi, I just want to be totally sure my submission is going to be OK. I want to know is it OK to make a pattern (such as a mosaic tile) in Substance Designer and use it in Painter for this contest? Or do I need to make the mosaic pattern in Painter by hand? Thank you.

Guys, thanks for the contest, it's amazing! Such limitations like fixed geo and UV's helped me to boost creativity in an insane way!  ;D

I don't know, did you expect SO MUCH submissions, or not, but if judging will take longer that expected, please, say about that and take your time with this titanic quest. :-)

Good luck to Allegorithmic team with judging and to all of the contestants - with contest itself! You all definitely gave hell lot of a fight!

can we modify the UVs into Udim tiles.. so we could have more than the 3 texture sets. without modifying the Model itself. ?