Author Topic: Meet MAT - Announcement and Rules  (Read 103447 times)

i have errors while importing

"

[Scene 3D] Failed to load 3D scene.
Errors have been found while splitting meshes per UDIM tile:
Mesh 'head' has a face spanning across multiple tiles (1, 0) and (0, 0)
Mesh 'head' has a face spanning across multiple tiles (0, 0) and (1, 0)
"
any help

i found the problem, no udims i just un check the udim while importing

So it's okay to have it on 3 UDIMs like in the attachment?

@zelfit No.
@Endrit No, you can win both.
@Darkminaz Only one entry per contestant.
@afinchy yes.
@Guillaume Hecht 0 Yes.
@OverKiller Increase the Glare settings in the post process to make up for it.
@Veljko Do not checkl the UDIM option when creating your project.

Hi, I'm having some issues with the background not showing in the Iray, just a black background. (I'm aware that saving with an appropriate file type with get me the background back. However, It does not show up in the package itself. I've been having this issue since SP 2.4 I believe).

I'm also having problems with Iray not utilizing my GPU. Reinstalling the drives does help but after a restart, It stops working again and all the load is on CPU. Recently reinstalled Painter 2.6 and the issue is still persistent.

Black Background:

Specs:

Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 07:38:24 am

you can work with udims, we have the same problem in mari the uv spam, it's because of the vertices in the uv border. If you want to work  with the udim pannel you just have to resize a litlle bit your uv shells in maya just not to hurt the border and everything will be fine.

Can I use Alphas made in Zbrush?

Hi guys the contest have a limitation of textures or i can use a 4k textures ?

Hello! Just curious - can i import MAT mesh in Zbrush, make some sculpt work atop of it and use it just as Normal map for MAT base mesh? This way it will be like using alphas. Same thing if i will create alphas, import it so SP and apply on MAT, just different way of it.

Hey! First post on the forums; anyway, I was wondering if I could add some other renders in other environments without the base to go with the main render?

hmmm, just a bit confused:

is the 1900x1200 resolution a "must" or just a "minimum", like suggested in the video?

And what if I send more than just one entry? (I just realized, only one entry per person is allowed, while I was uploading
my 3rd one... and already got some ideas for a 4th)

because in the contest rules, I read "submit your entries" (which is plural) ;)
I think it´s not aproblem, to submit 3 or 4, right?

Cheers!
Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:27:21 pm

@Watersun and Elowan,

About texture sizes...

I assume you could use any texture size you want, but your official entry, the "picture" you submit, needs to be 1920x1200 or 1920x1080.

That's my interpetation.  But as you can tell, I don't speak for Allegorithmic.

@elowan,

You can only have one contest entry.
You must post two pictures (one in Iray, and one of your Painter session, each in specific orientation), and you may also attach additional unoffial images.
It's nice you can attach additonal images, becasue the back of the head is very interesting on some of these models, as are close-ups of some of the details.
Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:36:27 pm
Hobbyist
----------
Common "Help" suggestions:
- LOG FILE tips - https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,22451.0.html
- LICENSING issues https://www.allegorithmic.com/contact
- ATTACH files and pictures to posts: https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,23670.0.html

hmmm, I thought it may ba as well in a larger/higher res.... (I was refering to the image, that will be submitted, not texture sizes)

oh dear--- just one entry??

hmm, if I were allegorithmic, I would allow at least 3 and make a giant "collage" of all entries ;)

hmmm - so I need to find out, what to do now - I already uploaded 3 entries so far...

@Khumar Not sure what is happenning here, can you post a logfile?
@cosmicXD Yes you can package multiple renders of your entry.
@Pinochetmx Sculpting of the mesh in an external tool is not recommended. The jury wants to see the creative process happen in Substance Painter, not in ZBrush.
@elowan Yes, one entry only per contestant can be entered in the contest. Make sure to upload the entry you think has the best chances if you created multiple ones.

@JeremieNoguer

These few lines stood out to me from the log file
[WARN] <Qt> "[DBG WARNING][Iray Service]"   1.37  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1070): Kernel [1] failed after 0.004s
[WARN] <Qt> "[DBG WARNING][Iray Service]"   1.37  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1070): an illegal memory access was encountered (while launching CUDA renderer in core_renderer_wf.cpp:791)
[WARN] <Qt> "[DBG WARNING][Iray Service]"   1.37  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1070): Failed to launch renderer
[WARN] <Qt> "[DBG WARNING][Iray Service]"   1.36  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1070): Device failed while rendering
[WARN] <Qt> "[DBG WARNING][Iray Service]"   1.24  IRAY   rend warn : Re-rendering iteration because of device failure
[WARN] <Qt> "[DBG WARNING][Iray Service]"   1.36  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1070): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)
[WARN] <Qt> "[DBG WARNING][Iray Service]"   1.36  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1070): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)
[WARN] <Qt> "[DBG WARNING][Iray Service]"   1.14  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1070): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)
[WARN] <Qt> "[DBG WARNING][Iray Service]"   1.14  IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1070): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory)

Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 02:48:05 am