Author Topic: Meet MAT - Announcement and Rules  (Read 87867 times)

Hi! I was wondering if the contest is international or just US, Canada and Europe

Thank You!

Juan

@Jeremie So basically, I can't import normal map details that i've generated outside substance painter (or it's internal baker for that matter) but I can import textures of details that could be stamped out on my model?

-Mark

Do we have to use Substance Painter 2.6 or we can use 2.1 for example?

Do we have to use Substance Painter 2.6 or we can use 2.1 for example?

"You can enter the contest with any version of Substance Painter,(...)"

Can I use emission?, can I render with tessellation?, at what resolution are we allowed to paint?
Can I use alpha cutoff or opacity?
Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 03:06:09 pm

how i post my subsmition as a student ?

how i post my subsmition as a student ?
When you go to the submission page, it will give you the option to select if you are a student

Does the concept have to be free of current IP's, license etc? for example Star wars, Marvel.

Thanks

Does the concept have to be free of current IP's, license etc? for example Star wars, Marvel.

This is not encouraged unless you already have rights or a license.
Of course you can take inspiration from what exists, but not copy existing works.
We prefer to encourage the creativity of candidates :)
PO @ Allegorithmic

Hi! I was wondering if the contest is international or just US, Canada and Europe

It is international!
PO @ Allegorithmic

Hey... so, i submitted my entry yesterday because i thought i dont got enough time the next weeks... but then things changed. Im wondering now, is there a way to withdraw my entry? I want to spend more time i suddenly got on that :)

Hello all!
First post.
I am gonna use this contest to test my creative energy.

I just took a look at the UV and there is a SOME wasted space.  ::)

The obsessive compulsive part in me took over and i optimized the shit out of it.

I know we should NOT touch the model, UV etc. but it is still OK? I need those 400pixels!
I unfortunately have an old GPU and i have to paint in 2K so i am trying to quench every pixel of information out of it.

My guess would be NO - rule #3

You may not modify any aspect of the mesh template.

I'm having a problem loading Mesh_Mat. I ge an error message: "Mesh 'head' has a face spanning across multiple tiles (1, 0) and (0, 0)".

Of course, this must be an error on my end. Is there a setting that I'm missing? Please help!

Can we Add additional geometry/objects without altering the base mesh ?