Author Topic: Meet MAT - Announcement and Rules  (Read 85126 times)

Takeko
The answer is no.
alric21
Check the UV map of that mesh object in an 3d program. It sounds like it is corrupted.
You may want to re-download that file. For me the downloaded FBX loaded without problems, and you are the first here to have this problem.
GeeksGoneBad
You are right.

could anyone answer me?:

Can I use emission?
Can I render with tessellation?
At what resolution are we allowed to paint?
Can I use alpha cutoff or opacity?

could anyone answer me?:

Can I use emission?
Can I render with tessellation?
At what resolution are we allowed to paint?
Can I use alpha cutoff or opacity?

Shaders: We have to use the default PBR (Metallic/Roughness) shader, I think that should answer the question.
Resolution: There's no rule regarding this, or at least I couldn't spot one.I'd say just work in the resolution you're comfortable with. After all many things in the substance environment are procedural or have a high enough resolution (of course that doesn't necessarily apply to custom assets) and the resolution can be changed for the final rendering (for which I'd always choose the highest resolution my PC is capable of).

@alric21 Make sure you didn't check the option to use UDIMs when creating your project.
@Takeko No. The mesh cannot be modified.
@Romanji We'll allow modifying the UVs since the original UVs are not optimal to keep the texel ration uniform on the whole object.
@AmitKilo You can use emissive maps, Iray doesn't support tesselation in Painter at the moment. You can paint at any resolution. You cannot change the shader, so no cutoff or opacity channel. You can still use Iray's options to create a translucent material such as glass or wax.

Hello,
I'm a Trainee from Germany, does that count as Student too? (Term 18. "The qualification as a student is valid only if the artist is currently enrolled in an education program. This will be checked, and will result in disqualification if it is not the case.") If yes, how are you guys going to check it?
Kind regards, Have a nice Weekend

Hi, I'm confused
1. Is an international contest?
2. Can I paint my own textures?

@Maniart 1. Yes.
2. Sure, and you should :)

@Jeremie Noguer what about my request?

Since this Mat model is a mascot of your substance softwares, is it also expected that all entries bear the substance logo on the model as shown on the given example https://sketchfab.com/models/1be621faa5cf4280b155a72487e3af4b

A question similiar toSkyZaajas' regarding the student-status:
"The qualification as a student is valid only if the artist is currently enrolled in an education program. This will be checked, and will result in disqualification if it is not the case."
Is education program in this context only the study of 3D Arts or any kind of academic enrollment as a student (e.g. going to school/university without studying 3D Art)? Propably a stupid question, but I rather ask than risk getting disqualified.

We will check student status by asking for a copy of your student ID, it doesn't need to be specifically from a 3d art school.
@JanHosenfelder sure, re-submit when you're ready.
@Prasoon No, you don't need to inlcude any specific branding in your entry.

i have problems with iray.
the first time ever.
i load the mesh into substance.go directly to iray and all is facetted,
i use a nvidia 1070 with the latest drivers.

ok found it,
you really have to have BAKES for iray.

Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 10:48:35 pm

If i made more than one model i can submit them in the package "other render" ?

Can i create my own textures with substance designer ?

@Jeremie Noguer
Thanks for the guidance! and what a wonderful competition!

@watersun No, only one paintjob is allowed per contestant.
@demonslayer Did you use the mesh that's available on Share? Could you try instead to load the one shipped with 2.6? Click on the paintbrush icon on the Welcome Screen of Painter and see if this version works better with Iray.

Hi Jeremy,

One question, can we duplicate the mesh of Mat to make, for example, a glass that is seen through and has another layer below?

Thx