Author Topic: Normal blending mode  (Read 1299 times)

Hi everyone

I'm trying to work on splatmap for terrain in Substance Painter. But noticed that normal blending mode in Painter works different from Photoshop, World Machine or Designer.
Here on pictures you can see the difference. Painter creates some kind of bright edges between colors and at the same time any other application creates more dark edges. Because of those bright edges splatmap works not correct.

Is there any way to get the same blending that any other apps do?

I've found some kind of solution for this.

When I export my Substance Painter project to Photoshop then it looks in Photoshop the same way as in Substance (with this bright edges). But once I press "View -> Proof Colors" then it starts to look the same way I need (with darken edges). Proof Setup is Monitor RGB. So, it looks like it's color managing issue.

Is there any way to make this "proof colors" inside of Substance Painter?
Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 12:41:12 pm

This is an sRGB vs Linear issue, where Photoshop blends in sRGB and we blend in Linear.
This is not something that can be cahnged at the moment but we have plans to let users change the color space of each channel independently at some point.

This is an sRGB vs Linear issue, where Photoshop blends in sRGB and we blend in Linear.
This is not something that can be cahnged at the moment but we have plans to let users change the color space of each channel independently at some point.
Thanks for the answer, Jeremie
Will wait for this feature