Author Topic: Substance Plugin in Squad  (Read 2012 times)

Hi guys. Does anyone know how to integrate the substance designer plugin into squad? I tried copying and pasting the plugin to the correct folder, but i got several DLL errors. Squad uses UE 4.14.3. Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Hey Käy Vriend,

Sorry that you're having this issue. What folder did you add the plugin to?

To the plugins folder. If there is a way to download the latest plugin version for 4.14.3 (does that work with SD v6?) perhaps i can just extract to there, but i dont know the location UE is downloading it to.

Hello Käy,

There is a way to download the latest 4.14.3 plugin. In the Unreal Marketplace, search for 'Substance' in the search box, then click 'Install to Engine' and select 4.14 from the dropdown menu. This places the plugin in the folder path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.14\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace

If that does not work for you, try placing the plugin in the runtime folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.14\Engine\Plugins\Runtime

Also, as of now, only the Unreal 4.15.0.xx plugins support SD6 substances (substances using the new features, text node, curve node, etc).

Thanks for clearing it up Keston, ive been getting errors after trying that. But that must have been me using v6 nodes. Any chance the substance plugin will upgrade for older engine versions too? I can imagine quite a lot of games and projects in development havent yet upgraded engine version since thats somewhat risky with compatability and all that.

Hey Käy Vriend,

No, unfortunately at this time we don't have any plans to have SD6 specific node support for older engine versions (pre-4.15). However, substances made in SD6 still can be used in older engine versions by using the SD5 compatibility mode.
Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 05:31:12 pm