Author Topic: export texture as JPG or PNG  (Read 35042 times)

I want to use Designer to make textures, to be useable in a place the program can't use substances (Daz studio)

I'm partnering up with my 3-d modeler to sale meshes on the Daz site, but I need the textures for the meshes that I make in designer.

hi,

you can always save "single-images/bitmaps" instead of a substance... can not see a problem here?!

...okay

And how do I do that?

One quick way (for a single image) would be, to double-click the (Bitmap)Node you want to export, go to the 2D-View and click on the Disk-Icon - done.

Kind regards
Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 02:24:43 pm

okay, thanks for the pictures

now, I'm trying to figure out how to change all the nodes resolution all at the same time

okay, thanks for the pictures

now, I'm trying to figure out how to change all the nodes resolution all at the same time

another quick way to export all outputs as bitmaps at once is to right-click the graph and select "export outputs as bitmaps".

@map size:
in the beginning, the resolution workflow was a bit confusing for me as well; now I follow this system: while setting up a substance, I set the map size to maximum (2k at the moment).
after the substance is finished, I set the map size to "relative to parent" and check if all nodes have the minimum size (256x256 in most cases).

If any node has different/higher values, I make sure, that "relative to parent" is also active for this node.

If all nodes have the minimum size, the substance is ready to be exported or used within another substance.

As soon as you have some substances set up, the system will start to make sense - as the "relative to parent" simply means, that the substance will inherit its parent map sizes.

Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:17:07 pm