Author Topic: convert bitmap to substance  (Read 3550 times)

What's the best way to do this?

I know you can simply link a resource in Designer (diffuse, normal, ect), and link the correct bitmaps to the right nodes. But is there more to it then that?

I also want ti useable for Unity (which isn't the hard part), but also show in a video to make sure you can allow people to change the resolution size of them (which I think it showed using just a random node)

Also, if I allow it to change resolution, can I stop it from going over a set resolution? Like an example, I have a 1024x1024 bitmap, I don't need it going to a 2048x2048 size.

What's the best way to do this?

I know you can simply link a resource in Designer (diffuse, normal, ect), and link the correct bitmaps to the right nodes. But is there more to it then that?

I also want ti useable for Unity (which isn't the hard part), but also show in a video to make sure you can allow people to change the resolution size of them (which I think it showed using just a random node)

Also, if I allow it to change resolution, can I stop it from going over a set resolution? Like an example, I have a 1024x1024 bitmap, I don't need it going to a 2048x2048 size.

Hello,

Using Bitmap2Material would be the best route in this case. If you have an embedded bitmap, it will be set to absolute and will be 1K in size. However, if you give the user the ability to resize the graph, it will get recomputed to 2K. You could set your graph to absolute 1K and not allow the user to resize resolution.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Well, the textures are free, so I wanted to give them send them to the original maker of them, so he could upload them.

Plus the ones I am wanting to convert have a normal made for them

And from what I get, you need Bitmat2Material to make use of it, or convert them.

And I don't know how this "Bitmap2Material Light" even holds up to the one you need to shell out even more money for.