Author Topic: Painter to Redshift?  (Read 3747 times)

I have been using Painter for a while and I have managed to get it looking nearly identical in Max renders using VRay and Corona, but I cannot get it looking even remotely similar with Redshift, it seems I am missing something here.

Does anyone have advice or a guide to setting up the materials? The official FAQ only has a guide for Redshift for Maya, which uses a drastically different material setup than Max.

I have been using Painter for a while and I have managed to get it looking nearly identical in Max renders using VRay and Corona, but I cannot get it looking even remotely similar with Redshift, it seems I am missing something here.

Does anyone have advice or a guide to setting up the materials? The official FAQ only has a guide for Redshift for Maya, which uses a drastically different material setup than Max.

Hi,

I will as our 3ds Max users at allegorithmic about Redshift. Indeed, we do only have the docs for Maya at this time.

Cheers,
wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi,

I will as our 3ds Max users at allegorithmic about Redshift. Indeed, we do only have the docs for Maya at this time.

Cheers,
wes

Thanks Wes, I absolutely love this renderer, I really hope to get materials set up properly for it.

Hi,

Cheers,
wes

Thanks Wes, I absolutely love this renderer, I really hope to get materials set up properly for it.

Very sorry for the delay on this. I talked to our team and they will check into the Redshift setup in Max. The redshift materials are different from the Redshift maya plugin?

Cheers,
WEs
the3dninja@adobe.com

Hi,

Cheers,
wes

Very sorry for the delay on this. I talked to our team and they will check into the Redshift setup in Max. The redshift materials are different from the Redshift maya plugin?

Cheers,
WEs

Yes, Max in general uses a pretty different material setup than Maya. Even in the similar looking slate editor, there are many material inputs in Hypershade which are different or don't exist at all in Max, many options are different between similar nodes in the 2 softwares as well.

Maya uses more complex control in its nodes, a lot of stuff is controlled by float/float3 values and nodes do not inherit parent settings so there is more fine and independent control between linked nodes (which makes it far more complex).

Max is much easier on Material set up in my opinion, but that comes at the cost of fine control which makes all the information in the Painter to Maya Redshift tutorial basically unusable for setting up materials in Max, it contains too many values and nodes that aren't present in Max.

Any update on this? Been almost 3 weeks

Any update on this? Been almost 3 weeks

Oh, I'm so sorry I forgot to post the setup.

Cheers,
Wes

the3dninja@adobe.com