Author Topic: Can you reimport a mesh with a minor UV change without restarting the project?  (Read 1228 times)

I have been working on a gun project, and I am very far along the texturing process when a huge mistake has shown itself. During the modeling process I mirrored several parts of the gun and dragged their UVs up 1 full map so that they would simply just get a mirrored texture from their original source.

The problem came when I just now realised I accidentally mirrored a UV for a small part of the gun which has writing on it. The end result is that writing is now mirrored, backwards, on the other side of the gun.

Can I go back to Max and drag that UV down into the regular map (NOTE: I have a little bit of spare space in the UV for it, I will not need to move any other the other parts of the UV) and reimport the model (fixing any mask problems on my layers) but keep all my texturing progress?

I am quite new to this and extremely slow at texturing, it would be days of set back if I had to start over.
Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 07:18:48 am

Adjust the UVs, then re-import the OBJ in Painter via Edit -> Project Configuration -> Select Button. You need to re-bake the maps (TextureSet Setting -> Bake textures).

Adjust the UVs, then re-import the OBJ in Painter via Edit -> Project Configuration -> Select Button. You need to re-bake the maps (TextureSet Setting -> Bake textures).

This worked perfectly, thank you. Nothing about my previous texturing changed at all, I was able to fix and continue within about 5 minutes.

I love this software.