Author Topic: Can't activate because of Customer id  (Read 2622 times)

Hey!

On my desktop at the Designer activation screen it has my license key already filled in but I cannot type anything in the Customer id box. It defaults to have a 0 in it and when I click there it doesn't take keyboard input. My keyboard works everywhere else, so I have no idea what is going on.
I am using OSX and it all installed on my osx laptop just fine.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks.

I use windows so I'm not sure but I had an activation issue that I fixed by running as administrator.   I'm not sure if there is such a thing on mac.   Good luck

The customer ID box will only accepts numbers as inputs. The customer ID is not your email address.

I'm having a similar issue myself. I just submitted a support ticket. I'm using the Mac version as well and every time I try to activate it using my key and customer ID it keeps saying it's wrong and/or I've used up authorizations or I'm not in Admin mode. I've never installed this on any other computer, my account has admin rights and I've triple checked my key and customer ID. The only thing I'm wondering about is if my "User ID" is the customer ID as I haven't seen anything stating a customer ID anywhere in emails. This is a bit frustrating as I had it working fine before but I decided to download a newer version and now it's not working.  :-\

I was able to get Substance Painter to work just fine and I just recently downloaded that and it worked just fine. So I don't know what the difference is?
Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:05:47 am

Substance Painter has a different activation system, which is way more robust and easier to use than Designer. We will update the Designer activation system in the coming months with the Painter's one.

If you have some problem please send us your customer ID to our contact form so we can check it.

Thanks!
Nicolas
Head of Product Management

I sent one on the 27th, a contact form submission, and haven't heard back yet. I just sent another one with my user ID. Is the User ID the same thing as the customer ID? Under my account all I see is the User ID and the license key, I've never seen anything that says "User ID" and I believe I used that same number last time. I really want to get this resolved.

Alright so I just tried it again and it worked. Didn't do anything different but nonetheless I'm glad it's working now.