Author Topic: Thickness map gives seams when using multiple textureSets  (Read 2543 times)

I would expect the thickness map to not give seams with textureSets, since its just an inverted AO and AO works correctly.

But when rendering with UDIMs, in my case 6 UDIMS on a human body, there are seam in thickness map on each UV cut.

Is this behavior expected?

Hey, do you mind posting your log file, please?
Log file procedure : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Exporting+the+log+file

Could you also post a screenshot of the issue?

Thx!

Heres my LOG and a screencapture.

Apologies for the delay.

Do you have an high-poly when baking this mesh specific map ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Not in this bake you see, but I just re-ran it with a hi poly, slightly sculpted mesh and got the same result.

Also checking the use low poly as high poly, as well as loading the same mesh into high poly yielded the same results.

Hi,

I am suffering from same issue and apparently it's not from neither high-poly mesh and Vertex Normal in low-poly. It's simply just happening when I bake thickness map for head and body as multiple texture sets. Did anyone already solve this issue?

In the baker settings for the thickness disable the "automatic normalization", you then have to adjust the other settings to control the thickness intensity. It's the only for now to have matching settings across all Texture Sets.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

In the baker settings for the thickness disable the "automatic normalization", you then have to adjust the other settings to control the thickness intensity. It's the only for now to have matching settings across all Texture Sets.

I see, thank you for replying!