Author Topic: Texture Scale Causes Major Seam  (Read 838 times)

Ok. I know there are a lot of "Seam" related topics on here, but I can't find a single person running into this, so I'm gonna post one.

I started a scene, and started adding smart materials everywhere. Then I noticed, my texture settings are set to 2048x2048.
So, believing that Substance Painter is "None Destructive", I changed my texture size, in the texture settings to 4096x4096.

And boom, I get a nasty seam. Almost as if the UVs got shifted 1 pixel to the right. Has anyone seen this?

SOLVED

Alright, I think I figured it out. First and foremost, I did not UV map this Met_Mat sample model that comes with the newer version of Substance Painter.

I looked at Their UV's and, whomever UV Mapped this model, had the UVS right on the boundry line, which, from what substance has shown me, is a big no no. So I scaled down the UVs just a hair and it worked, and was able to go from 2048 to 4096, easily with no seams. None of the other Texture sets was showing apparent UV lines when I scaled up or down, so I assumed it was a bad UV map, and sure enough it was.

Hello,

You probably use a mask by color selection, don't you?
Please, increase the "Tolerance" factor in your "Color Selection" effect.

Best regards,
Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 10:28:57 am
QA Analyst and Technical Artist at Allegorithmic