Author Topic: Painting Within an RGB Decals area for Roughness/Metallic  (Read 1058 times)

Hay guys, so I'm just wondering if this is possible. Iv imported a coloured decal for a fire extinguisher and although I can paint on the base colour within the projective (ignoring the outside areas), for roughness It just paints the corresponding greyscale as to what the coloured area would be in greyscale form, now i understand why it does that but Im wondering if there is anyway to directly paint the decal a solid roughness colour within the stencil/ projection tool, without approximating it and going outside of the area. Is there a paint on only opaque sort of like in photoshop? or something similar. I know that I could do this an alternative way by just importing a black & white image but how could I do it using a coloured image by using a layer and not a fill layer (or is there a way of doing it in the fill layer)

EDIT: I just did it by using the levels node, but is this the correct way of achieving something like this?
Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 07:02:43 pm

Currently the only way to do this would be to also import a roughness map for your decal, with basically the same alpha as your diffuse but with a uniform grey color and use that in the roughness channel when projecting.
We will soon have a better way to deal with this.