Author Topic: Can't open .sbsar in Designer  (Read 12258 times)

Hello

I would like to edit certain attributes in the default substance materials

example (increase max quantity of bricks on the default bricks_001.sbsar)
and am unable to do so
It is completely locked in substance designer

A majority, to nearly all, of the default and purchased materials are .sbsar and this is a huge disservice

Thanks so much

Hi,

Which version of Designer do you use ?
Can you send me your sbsar ?
With my version of brick_001.sbsar, I have no problem.

Do you have this issue with every sbsar you open in Designer ? (even those you created)
QA Analyst

If by "open" you mean being able to edit the graph inside the sbsar, it is not possible and it cannot be made possible. You need the sbs file to be able to see and edit the graph.

A majority, to nearly all, of the default and purchased materials are .sbsar and this is a huge disservice
That is not true.

The default materials in Designer's library are all sbs, not sbsar. They are write-protected by default because we want to prevent users inadvertedly modifying them and breaking other substances depending on them as a side effect. You can however make an unprotected copy of them, which you can open and edit at your convenience.

Also, the materials on Substance Source can have both sbs and sbsar distributed. The sbs is available for download when we have access to it, because some of these substances were not created by us so we don't own the sbs file, and when the susbtance is mostly procedural, because some of the substances are scan-based and in that case being able to access the graph is not very useful.
Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:43:43 pm