Author Topic: Substance Painter 2.5 and Wacom graphic tablet  (Read 23231 times)

Wes.

Beautiful update, works like a champ!

Gotta say allegorithmic, an example of company with absolutely stunning feedback.

Thanks
Michael
Just a Pixel in this Big Blue Canvas!

Thanks a lot, it's working now!

Maybe one minor issue, I found that moving in the 3d view did not work on the tablet with the middle mouse button.
When I use alt+doubleclick pressed on the stylus pen I can move the object around.
But not with alt+middlemouse button pressed on the tablet (intuous pro)

The doubleclick workaround is okay, but it would be nice to 'translate/move' the image with the middle-mouse button as this also the shortcut on other programs...

Do we know when this will get fixed for linux version?

Still can't rotate/pan move around with pen input. intuos 4 latest drivers.

Hi there,

I update to the 2.5 and my Wacom stopped working properly after I few minutes, then I update to the 2.5.1 version and the issue still continues. When I'm using the tablet the cursor it's really slow on the viewport and I can't do any navigation like rotate, zoom or pan, but when I click and start painting seems normal, except that I don't see the cursor moving only when I click that it appear.. On the menus, the tablet works fine and the mouse works everywere.

On the 2.4, my tablet worked fine doing anything, both on viewport and menus.
Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 01:07:08 pm

Do we know when this will get fixed for linux version?

Still can't rotate/pan move around with pen input. intuos 4 latest drivers.

Same problem here on Ubuntu 16.04, using SP 2.5.1, downloaded today.

Same here on CentOS 7.13 and 7.14
:(

The issue is not yet fixed for Linux.
We are still looking into it.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Same here on CentOS 7.13 and 7.14
:(

Same here, thank you guys for looking into it.

And thanks Jens for letting me know there was an update!

Everything should be back to normal now with Substance Painter 2.5.3.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thanks Froyok!

Everything is working now! Cheers.

Awesome, thanks for the update!

I have just upgraded to:
Substance Painter, version 2.6.0
Build 1568 - c12466083eba927fa37c980d975898e15160f45b

I am using OSX El Capitan and the latest Wacom Drivers.

I can paint with the Wacom pen no problem both in the UV view and the 3D viewport. However navigation is not working correctly. Right Click + Option to Zoom does not work. Panning and rotation seem fine. However weirdly sometimes left click gives you a zoom function and then right click snaps the view to the middle.

I have tested navigation in both C4D and Modo and it works correctly.

I am using a mouse as well and this works fine. I also have a trackpad that I can use to zoom with my left hand. Again this works ok. So this is how I am getting past this issue at the moment.

Would be great to get a fix or a confirmation that something is not quite right. The only other thing I know is my operating system is not the absolute latest. However since navigation works perfectly in C4D and Modo I feel the culprit is more likely to be SP, even though it is completely awesome.

all the best

Richard

Note at 1.20 I say using left mouse button when I mean to say middle click on the Wacom pen.
Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 06:22:30 am

I have the same problem with my Wacom tablet. I am on OSX Sierra at home at on Windows 10 at my work. When I downgrade to Painter 2.4 I do not have this problem. From 2.5 and up this problem occurs.

We fixed the issue with an hotfix of 2.5.x and our internal QA showed it was working on the various Macs we have. Can you guys try different drivers versions ? Wacom drivers can sometimes be a bit unstable.
-----------

Hi

I am working with macbook pro late 2013 retina / i7 / 16G / 500SSD / Nivida 750M 2G / El Capitan 10.11.6

Substance Painter, version 2.6.0 Build 1568 - c12466083eba927fa37c980d975898e15160f45b

I cannot modify my pen buttons. I have set the buttons in following order:

tip = click
SwitchLeft = middle
SwichRight = Right button

So the order is same as used in mouse.

The problem is that substance painter reverses the middle and right buttons and the wacom settings are not affecting to the buttons at all. Even if i change them to disabled in wacom preferences they behave still in fixed way.

I can paint with pressure but navigation is weird.

If i hold shift and rightmost pen button painter wants to draw straight line instead of rotating environment for example.

Same behaviour happens with wacom cintiq 21ux (DTZ2100) and with wacom intuos Pro M

I usually use only my cintiq with driver 6.3.15-3. The cintiq doesn't work with newer drivers
But same behaviour is happening if I use intuos Pro M with driver 6.3.15-3 or 6.3.21-8(latest)

Or is this how it is should work???