Author Topic: A Query About Differences  (Read 556 times)

Good day texturing community...

I've a question, directed at those who'd care to offer input, regarding the software available.

Which of the three would be best for texture / material creation from scratch (and the most comprehensive) - mip-mapping and mip-scaling included (is that even still a thing?)?

Details to help direct the answers:

I have not approached texturing and materials making in quite some time, so I am completely out of the loop and to be honest, starting from scratch. I was pointed to Allegorithmic by an acquaintance who suggested that I use Designer.

Upon arrival, I discovered Painter, Designer, and B2M.

I am interested in creating textures and materials from scratch (my own photography, pulled images, etc) for use in my own map-making (and in the future, creating texture/material packs for UE4 etc). I am not any good at modelling (maybe one day), and while I would love to have all three, I would like to start with a singular focus for the time-being.

Regards.

I am interested in creating textures and materials from scratch (my own photography, pulled images, etc) for use in my own map-making (and in the future, creating texture/material packs for UE4 etc).

Your friend was correct in that Substance Designer is just the app for that. :)

James Baxter!