Author Topic: Different output in Unity 3d  (Read 3782 times)

So I created a substance, and created a .sbsar for unity. But the generated texture doesn't match the original .sbs output.
I loaded the .sbsar onto different apps like b2m, substance player and they too have different generated outputs.

Things I have done in SD
> Selected PBR Metallic/ Roughness Template
> Selected the SSE2 Engine
> Set the tangent space plugin to  unitytspace.dll
> Set up the Input parameters

In Unity
> Set to the Linear space settings.
> Turned off AntiAliasing.
> Set the camera to HDR
> Generated Outputs using sbsar
> No change to Input parameters

and this is the output

So what else do I need to do in order to get the Output that I get in SD to Unity ?

I think the problem might be in your first image, though this is a guess. Give this a try...
Before exporting your substance, make sure your output size is relative to parent without any multipliers. Excluding uniform color nodes (Absolute 16x16) and loaded bitmaps (Absolute 2048x2048), all of your grid items and your top-level should be at 256x256 (Relative to Parent x1) when exporting any substance correctly. Then in Unity/Player change the size to 2048x2048.
Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 09:27:17 pm

I got the same result in Substance Player, but another one in unity :(

This looks like the same issue I had when I first started. Unity uses the cpu engine to generate textures while designer uses the GPU by default. Go back into designer and switch engines by going to edit<Switch engine. Make sure you right click in the graph and view outputs in 3D view again. Your texture will probably look broken inside of designer now... One thing to note while using the cpu engine is that it only supports 2K. So if you go to 4K in designer while on the cpu engine some things will break and nothing will increase in resolution.

So if it looks broken in designer now then you need to find the node where it is breaking. It is probably a levels node because the cpu engine usually messes up when you have extremely high contrast, at least that is what I have experienced. So if you have a levels node that is giving super high contrast then try easing it just a tad.

So I always work in the cpu engine in designer now since most other applications use it. So while make your substance you should switch back and forth now and then just to make sure it is generating the same in both.

Thanks it worked! although when it loads the first time it doesn't generate properly but once I tweaked the input parameters back to the default it worked

The problem still exists since I have to generate it every single time I open Unity 3d.

I found something though the forum, it said that the default Output format was having issues.
It said that I had to setup normal map outputs to 8bit, and set no mipmaps.
I checked through Integration attributes, and set it to no mipmap, but I don't know what type of format to select.

The problem still exists since I have to generate it every single time I open Unity 3d.

I found something though the forum, it said that the default Output format was having issues.
It said that I had to setup normal map outputs to 8bit, and set no mipmaps.
I checked through Integration attributes, and set it to no mipmap, but I don't know what type of format to select.

Hi,

Can you post your substance sbs file and I will take a look.

Cheers,
wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Here you go.

after SD 6 I couldn't test it with unity.
I'll see what happens after I patch unity

I loaded the latest Unity and it throws up error when I import the sbsar.

Failed to retrieve a single SBSASM file in the archive... Did you use the Substance cooker to generated the archive ?

Here you go.

after SD 6 I couldn't test it with unity.
I'll see what happens after I patch unity

HI,

Yes for now the issue is with SD6. We are currently working on the updated Unity build and will work with Unity to have it updated ASAP.

Cheers,
WEs
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja