Author Topic: Had to uninstall Designer 6...  (Read 2126 times)

I installed Designer 6 this morning and have been having system hangs all day.  After deleting Designer things seem to be back to normal.  I have included my system specs below.  Anyone else experiencing system hangs with the latest release?

Workstation Specs:

Windows 8.1 Pro (current)
i7 5960x (4.4 Ghz)
2 x Nvidia GTX 980

Yeah, it's locking up my machine pretty quickly when I use it, and even after quitting, the Substance Designer.exe and loads of sbscooker and sbsrender processes hang around, tying up the cpu.

Win 10 Home
Ancient i7 950
GTX 980

Wonder if this is a bug they discovered in beta or if it's new?  I'm not familiar with Allegorithmic's bug lookup / submission.  I'd say this is a big deal since my system isn't that unique.

Should have tried turning it off and on again before I posted I guess, since I've not had the issue at all yet today :/

PhB

I had also problems with SD6. The nodes icons (in the library) do not display correctly: some of them are OK but most of them are not displayed. Furthermore, there are difficulties to display the node in 2D view. :-[ :-[ :-[
It seems that there was also some conflict with Firefox.  >:( >:(
And finally, when I closed SD6 I am unable to reopen it until I restart my computer !
My configuration :
Windows 10 pro X64
IntelCore i5-2550K CPU @ 3.40GHz 8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520

Hi,

PhB, can you send me your log file please ?
Go to 'help'->'export log'

For all, we don't have this problem testing Designer. Even on my old personal computer I don't have such issue.
(but feel free to send us your log file in order to see if there's something wrong !)
QA Analyst

PhB

Thank you. Here are 3 screen capture when I start SD6 this morning. I have also attached the log file before opening a new template. I have closed SD6 now and it refuses to reopen.

PhB's problem was solved by cleaning his registry files and deleting preferences files.

QA Analyst