Author Topic: 8K Output size in Modo Substance?...  (Read 3221 times)

Just signed on to Substance Live, especially for the 8K resolution, however using the latest Substance beta in Modo 10.2 v1 I'm only seeing a max 'Output size' of 2048 x 2048.  This ins't going to be usable as much of my work is for Print.  Am I missing something or is 8K not an option we're going to have???

Just signed on to Substance Live, especially for the 8K resolution, however using the latest Substance beta in Modo 10.2 v1 I'm only seeing a max 'Output size' of 2048 x 2048.  This ins't going to be usable as much of my work is for Print.  Am I missing something or is 8K not an option we're going to have???

Hi,

You need to switch to the GPU engine. The GPU engine will allow you to work with 4K resolution. However the GPU engine in the plugins are limited to 4K at this time. To use the GPU engine, go to Texture>Substance>Switch Engine.

Cheers,
WEs

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks Wes.  Better for sure.  So I'm wondering then how I use Designer 8K textures in Modo if the plugin doesn't support it?  Are there immediate plans to add this functionality to the Modo plugin?

Thanks Wes.  Better for sure.  So I'm wondering then how I use Designer 8K textures in Modo if the plugin doesn't support it?  Are there immediate plans to add this functionality to the Modo plugin?

No problem : )

If you want to use 8K textures in Designer, you can just export the textures. There is a good workflow for this by using the Export Options in Designer. You can set it up so that when you make a change in the graph it will export textures automatically. You can export the textures, import them into MODO and then after making changes in the graph, the textures get upload behind the scenes and when you switch back to MODO, they will be hot reloaded by MODO.

You don't need to use the MODO substance plugin. This will probably be better and faster for what you want to do.

Cheers,
wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Nice!  Thanks Wes.  Really looking forwarding to digging deep into Substance Live.

Nice!  Thanks Wes.  Really looking forwarding to digging deep into Substance Live.

Thanks! Please let me know if you have any questions : )

Cheers,
wes
the3dninja@adobe.com