Author Topic: Substance Designer 6 Sbars not working with Unity  (Read 13432 times)

Hi.

Is there any update here? I wasn't able to get my project working in compatibility mode so I'm really looking forward to this fix.

Hi.

Is there any update here? I wasn't able to get my project working in compatibility mode so I'm really looking forward to this fix.

Hi,

I'm sorry but we are still working on this. We have been working with the Unity engineers and was finally able to get the issue resolved. We are now in a testing phase and hope to have the build released soon.

With the compatibility mode, what issues are you having? I can help to get this resolved.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Wes,

I had the same problem that you pointed out earlier in the thread regarding the Alpha Channel Content being set to "Force Alpha To 1" instead of "Fill Alpha With Input". I thought I had tried that already but I just tried it again and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for the quick reply, though. I'm having a lot of fun playing around with the program so far :)

HI,

We are currently working on support for the Substance Engine 6 in Unity. For the meantime, you will need to run Substance Designer 6 in compatibility mode. In the preferences, go to the Project tab and set the compatibility mode to Substance Engine 5. this will highlight any nodes in your graph that are dependent on the SD6 engine. If you remove this nodes, then the published sbsar will work in Unity.

Cheers,
wes
pardon?
I had set the compatibility mode to Substance Engine V5,then published to *.sbsar
but it always doesn't work with Unity.
How can i do?what any else? 

A couple weeks later, any news on progress?  I'm using Unity 5.6.1p1 and they do not appear to work, and Substances appear to support resolutions no greater than 2048 pixels.

A couple weeks later, any news on progress?  I'm using Unity 5.6.1p1 and they do not appear to work, and Substances appear to support resolutions no greater than 2048 pixels.

Hi,

We resolved the issues with the plugin and delivered it to Unity. The process for releasing is in the hands of Unity at this point. Unfortunately, we can't release it as a standalone plugin as we do with the other integrations. Also, Substances in Unity are capped at 2K. Unity doesn't permit us to use the GPU engine which allows for 4K substances.

Cheers,
Wes

Hi there,
any news about integration? Couldnt find Substance in the Unity roadmap.
I cannot understand how they are not supporting such an important tool. (Current Versions)
And they really have to give you access to the GPU. Triplanar drives me crazy...  :-X

Hey blumeCG,

No new news unfortunately. As Wes said, it is in the hands of Unity. :/
Integrations QA Analyst

I filed a support ticket with Unity last week to find out what the status was, and was dismayed to finally hear back days later, only to learn that Unity Customer Support doesn't have a clue what the issue might be.  In fairness, it's a customer support request and not technical support, but you would think that after 4 months it would at least be on the radar.  The support engineer who responded not only didn't know what I was talking about, but said that in searching the Unity forums they were not able to find any info (really????)... They suggested that I post a thread on their forums, and if I didn't get a community response within 14 days I could contact support again and they'd check in with the technical team.

I replied back to provide links to discussions on Unity's forums as well as a link to this thread, fingers crossed they'll follow up and connect with the tech folks, and wherever things got disconnected they'll reconnect it really soon.

I filed a support ticket with Unity last week to find out what the status was, and was dismayed to finally hear back days later, only to learn that Unity Customer Support doesn't have a clue what the issue might be.  In fairness, it's a customer support request and not technical support, but you would think that after 4 months it would at least be on the radar.  The support engineer who responded not only didn't know what I was talking about, but said that in searching the Unity forums they were not able to find any info (really????)... They suggested that I post a thread on their forums, and if I didn't get a community response within 14 days I could contact support again and they'd check in with the technical team.

I replied back to provide links to discussions on Unity's forums as well as a link to this thread, fingers crossed they'll follow up and connect with the tech folks, and wherever things got disconnected they'll reconnect it really soon.

Hi,

I'm very sorry for this issue. This is has been a very long standing problem. We are working on ways to prevent this in the future with the Unity plugin. We have the plugin working and we sent this to Unity. It's now in their hands to release it. I will check with our devs to see if we can get an ETA from Unity. Again, I greatly apologize for this issue.

Cheers,
Wes

They just dropped a new (5.6.2) version of Unity, and nothing in the release notes mentions Substance. :( I was really hoping 5.6.2 would have the upgrade.

I'm really surprised at the lag here on their part; Substance support is rather a big deal to a lot of designers.

By the time we get to use SD6 in unity SD7 will be out. Well, the subscription thing.

I'm guessing that it's some combination of being integrated into Unity (which means that updates need to be folded into and included in Unity releases), and the Unity dev team not realizing that there's a problem to begin with (based on the customer support agent'd initial response).

I kind of wish that .sbsar support was being done through a plugin or free asset available through the store, that way Allegorithmic could have more control over new or bugfix releases.

Does anyone know if this is fixed in unity 2017.1?  I have not had a chance to try the beta yet.

Does anyone know if this is fixed in unity 2017.1?  I have not had a chance to try the beta yet.

Unity 2017.1 officially launched today. I tried it. No, it's not fixed.