Author Topic: Material Layering Shader Extremely Reflective  (Read 1941 times)

For some reason the Material Layering shader ends up being ridiculously reflective and specular in Unity currently. Since there's no sliders for specularity/metallic/roughness/smoothness, there's no way to adjust it. In theory it should be taking the metallic information from the Substances connected to it, but it doesn't seem to be working. The material in the screenshot is a very rough concrete, but it's showing up like a shiny, polished plastic. No matter what Substance I connect, they're all shiny like this.

For some reason the Material Layering shader ends up being ridiculously reflective and specular in Unity currently. Since there's no sliders for specularity/metallic/roughness/smoothness, there's no way to adjust it. In theory it should be taking the metallic information from the Substances connected to it, but it doesn't seem to be working. The material in the screenshot is a very rough concrete, but it's showing up like a shiny, polished plastic. No matter what Substance I connect, they're all shiny like this.

Hi,

Can you share your Painter project and the mesh file? I can take a look.

Cheers,
wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Sorry for the delay! Here you go! Let me know if there's more you need. The .spp refuses to attach, so here's a link to it on Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2Y2Sae8oXsRd0ZzSmpIV3MxV2c