Author Topic: steam linux huge UI  (Read 1618 times)

the UI is big. I have this problem to ubuntu 16.04 with nvidia (361, 367 and 370) also on fedora with proprietary driver
http://imgur.com/a/jHY7I

I also have this problem on my laptop running Mint 18 (Intel GPU)
https://i.imgur.com/aUEgiqz.png

However on my desktop machine with Nvidia 367.44 it's not like this.

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out whats going on. Now I'm just more confused as you're running Nvidia and have the same issue.

Please, Allegorithmic give us a launch option to disable High DPI mode.

my UI is bigger than yours. I try and kde and mate. my laptop with intel graphics and desktop with nvidia. On every setup i have this problem

Hi ditsikts and Lockdonnen,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Designer. Like you said this problem may be related to DPI, perhaps some interaction goes wrong between the OS, Steam and Designer. What is your monitor resolution? Do you have some scaling set up on your system?

Hi, guys. Have you had a workaround/fix for this issue yet? It can be quite cumbersome to work on Designer with the fonts too huge. :)

Cheers.

Hi Guys,
We are aware of this issue and we worked on a fix. This is a Qt's Bug and to bypass this, we added an option in the Preferences to disable the automatic High DPI detection.
It will be available in Designer 5.6, scheduled the November 22.   
QA Analyst and Technical Artist at Allegorithmic

Thank you so much for the heads-up, Damien. :)

Hi Guys,
We are aware of this issue and we worked on a fix. This is a Qt's Bug and to bypass this, we added an option in the Preferences to disable the automatic High DPI detection.
It will be available in Designer 5.6, scheduled the November 22.

Hi there, Damien. Just wanted to follow up on this. When will the 5.6 update on Steam be available?

Cheers. :)

Reyn

Hi Reyn,

For some reason, we have postponed the release of Designer to the 5 December.

Best regards,

Damien.
QA Analyst and Technical Artist at Allegorithmic

Ah, no worries. Thanks for the heads up. I'm happy to know that there's an upcoming update which will resolve the issue.

Cheers, Damien.

Forgive the zombie thread.

The Disable High DPI feature works on my laptop wonderfully! Currently this feature is in Substance Designer 5, any chance this same feature can be dropped into Substance Painter?

Thanks for the hard work!