Author Topic: Question re: Live for $9.90/mo for Indie owners.  (Read 5004 times)

I am both an Indie owner and a current Live subscriber. How can I go about taking advantage of the offer? Do I need to cancel my current sub and restart it under the new terms?

The $9.90 live offer is an onboarding offer for owners of the definitive/one off license of Substance Designer 5.
It doesn't apply if you are already enroled in Live.

So then how come it's reading my original indie licenses of SD4/SP1 and allowing me to upgrade from those?

I purchased indie separately some time before live was even a thing.

That seems a bit backwards, I only purchased my live subscription 6 days ago, so you're telling me I've missed my chance?

Personally, I feel a bit cheated out of money to be honest, considering you failed to notify me you were updating SD and planning this lower price.
Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:29:19 am

I am a bit confused on this offer as well. I own SP2 SD5 and B2M3; upon hearing SD6 was out I rushed over to upgrade.

I can pay a one time fee of 75
or
 pay 10 a month for 6 months followed by 20 a month for 6 more months (180 dollars)

I believe I am missing something. I went through the live upgrade order system hoping to see the final cost I would need to pay but it seems to suggest I would have to pay the entire year. Is that correct?

@vaskania If you have a license of SD4, you can indeed take advantage of the half live offer. Simply cancel your current live subsciption and sign up for the special offer.

@kioryfreeman123 Please send us an email, we should be able to do something there.

@nmargie You are right, the one time fee of $75 will only upgrade SD.
The Live offer gives you access to the latest versions of Substance Designer, Substance Painter, B2M and Substance Source, hence the higher total amount. You will be able to redeem a definitive license of SD after 8 months/payments (total of $99).
You are not obligated to pay the entire year though, you can stop at any time, but you will lose the ability to use the software if you stopped before getting a definitive license.
Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:41:22 am

@vaskania If you have a license of SD4, you can indeed take advantage of the half live offer. Simply cancel your current live subsciption and sign up for the special offer.
Thanks! Now if I just did my subscription on Feb 2nd, how would this work? I'd like to avoid paying $30 for one month.

You are right, the one time fee of $75 will only upgrade SD.
The Live offer gives you access to the latest versions of Substance Designer, Substance Painter, B2M and Substance Source, hence the higher total amount. You are not obligated to pay the entire year though, you can stop at any time, but you will lose the ability to use the software. You will also be able to redeem a definitive license of SD after 8 months/payments (total of $99).

Thanks for the answer. Guess it is better to just upgrade via 1 time payment. 

@vaskania Please send us an email.

Thank you. Sent.

Hi, That's great offer for us but how much time I have to subscribe for lower price? Currently I'm not in home and I don't want to miss it :)

Great offer Algorithmic, thank you !
I can use SD 6 right now, take about 7 months to pay it, get access to source, make 210 substances mine during this time.
Perfect for me: I would have upgraded my SD5 anyway but well, I rather prefer to pay it in seven times than to pay everything in one time.
Most of all, I get an access to substance source: As a SD/SP/B2M last versions owner, I wasn't ready to subscribe live only to get substances.
With SD  released and your nice offer you made my day and renewed my enthusiasm for your fair business  model.

@nmargie You are right, the one time fee of $75 will only upgrade SD.
The Live offer gives you access to the latest versions of Substance Designer, Substance Painter, B2M and Substance Source, hence the higher total amount. You will be able to redeem a definitive license of SD after 8 months/payments (total of $99).
You are not obligated to pay the entire year though, you can stop at any time, but you will lose the ability to use the software if you stopped before getting a definitive license.

So let's say I sign up for Substance Live, and stay in there long enough to get definitive licenses of both SD and SP. So, after that, if I stop paying the $20 a month because I already paid full for the software, do I still lose access to Substance Source?

Follow-up question: How long is this 9.95 a month offer going to last? If I choose to upgrade, I don't want to miss it.
Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:54:18 pm

Yes, as long as you stop paying, you lose access to Substance Source (you can still download the assets you already downloaded). We haven't decided yet how long the offer will last, we will let people know in advance before it expires.

I have a quick Q about the offer;

the upgrade page says "Upgrade to Substance Live from SP2", does that mean I will lose my SP2 license and if I pause the subscription I'll not be able to use it until I resume or have payed enough in to buy it again?

I'm currently looking at a long project and not a lot of funds so I'd love to have substance live... but I can't afford to risk not having substance painter at all when money gets too tight.