Author Topic: Question re: Live for $9.90/mo for Indie owners.  (Read 4636 times)

I am on SD5 and SP1. How long (how much) will I need to subscribe to live (6 * 9.95 + how many times 19.90$?)  to get SD6 and SP2?
Thanks
[edit:]
Is it possible to use paypal? I don't have a credit card.
Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:51:01 pm

I have a quick Q about the offer;

the upgrade page says "Upgrade to Substance Live from SP2", does that mean I will lose my SP2 license and if I pause the subscription I'll not be able to use it until I resume or have payed enough in to buy it again?

I'm currently looking at a long project and not a lot of funds so I'd love to have substance live... but I can't afford to risk not having substance painter at all when money gets too tight.
You will not lose any bought license, I firstly bought SP 1x, later substance live and I still may use SP 1x and don't see expire date for it.

I am on SD5 and SP1. How long (how much) will I need to subscribe to live (6 * 9.95 + how many times 19.90$?)  to get SD6 and SP2?
Thanks
[edit:]
Is it possible to use paypal? I don't have a credit card.

Yes you can use PayPal.

If you want to own SD6 and SP2, you need to be subscribed during 16 months (8 months per software).

Cheers,
Head of Product Management

Can this offer not be applied to perpetual SD5 Pro license holders?

I just get the Pro perpetual license upgrade page on my existing licenses when I follow the offer links.

These were some great updates this week :)

I am a owner of the former Substance Indie (SD5, SP2 + B2M) , which I bought on Steam a while ago (and bought the SP2 update separately). Did I understand it right, that I would have to pay for 8 months (6*9,90 + 2 * 19,90 ~= 99$) for upgrading to SD6 via Substance Live? I am just trying to decide if I get the Substance Live subscription or just buy the SD6 upgrade separately :)

Yes, you'll be able to redeem SD6 after 8 months and you'll have access to Substance Source during that time.

Yes, you'll be able to redeem SD6 after 8 months and you'll have access to Substance Source during that time.

Thanks very much for your reply! I'll definitely update SD to version 6 but I am not quite sure, if I just purchase the update or subscribe to Substance Live. The update on Steam is ~33% cheaper, but I wouldnt get the 30 downloads per month in Substance Source. I'll have to think about it...

I have a quick Q about the offer;

the upgrade page says "Upgrade to Substance Live from SP2", does that mean I will lose my SP2 license and if I pause the subscription I'll not be able to use it until I resume or have payed enough in to buy it again?

I'm currently looking at a long project and not a lot of funds so I'd love to have substance live... but I can't afford to risk not having substance painter at all when money gets too tight.

Quoting this question as it has not been answered by staff and I am interested in the answer myself. The offer is said to be a License "upgrade" therefore my understanding is that your definitive license will be replaced with a live license, thus if you unsubscribe you can't use the software as your definitive license is gone?

There is no indication of this anywhere in the forms that inform me that this would happen, however if it does, it sounds like a trick and should be made very obvious to the customer.

Hi,

The license you upgrade is not replaced, you still have access to it.
However, you won't be able to use it for another upgrade later on. This means if you go the special offer for Substance Live, you will not be able to upgrade to Substance Designer 6 for $75 with the same license.

Cheers,
Head of Product Management