Author Topic: Substance Plugin 4.14.0.20 Released  (Read 1865 times)

Overview:
This is a stability release which fixes some of the recently reported issues and improves the reimport workflow! As always, any comments, questions, and feedback are welcome and appreciated!

Bugs Fixed:

-- Reimporting an instance factory or graph instance no longer displays the overwrite assets window before reimporting. Reimporting now automatically overwrites the existing assets.

-- Reimporting an instance factory no longer creates a new material for the newly created graph instances. Instead, the original materials will be updated (If one was created when the instances were created). Additionally, all materials that currently sample substance output textures will also be updated.

-- Reimporting an instance factory will now reimport all graph instances created from that factory rather than only creating one new instance.

-- Reimporting from a substance graph instance no longer causes the editor to crash.

-- Opening the load preset dialog from the graph instance editor window and closing without selecting a preset file no longer causes a crash.

-- Opening the load preset dialog by right clicking on a graph instance no longer causes a crash.

-- Duplicating a graph instance no longer crashes the editor. The newly created graph instance will now also create its default outputs and material.

-- Applying presets to a graph instance no longer resets all non-preset inputs to default.

-- Various other crashes and loading issues.

-- The README has been updated with additional steps needed to include the plugin in source projects if issues arise.

-- The Gynoid Marketplace project has been updated and is now compatible with 4.14. All warnings have been fixed and all elements of the level are now compatible with the current engine version. Blueprints have also been updated.

-- The 100 PBR Substance Asset pack on the Unreal Marketplace has been updated and is now compatible with the 4.14 Substance Plugin.

-- The Atlantis project has been updated to support the missing recent engine versions.

Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyli6heycw6nx57/Substance_UE4_Plugin_4.14.0.20.zip?dl=0

Notes:
All content through the marketplace has been submitted and I will post an update as soon as it becomes available through the marketplace. Alternatively, the most recent version of the plugin can be downloaded from the link above.
Software Engineer, Integrations
daniel.stover@allegorithmic.com

Splendid! Reimport seems to be fully functional now ;D Unfortunately, I'm still getting a crash every time I'm trying to undo a parameter change. I wonder if this is just me or it is a known bug?  :P

Splendid! Reimport seems to be fully functional now ;D Unfortunately, I'm still getting a crash every time I'm trying to undo a parameter change. I wonder if this is just me or it is a known bug?  :P

Hey Sergey,
This is indeed a known bug thanks to your initial post. ;D Sadly, it was discovered just prior to this release so it didn't make it into this patch. This is a higher priority issue for us though and we will have a fix out for this as soon as possible! Thank you so much for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention!  :D
Software Engineer, Integrations
daniel.stover@allegorithmic.com

I understood. Thank you for your hard work!