Author Topic: Can't Import My UV Map  (Read 8590 times)

Hey I am trying to use substance painter to paint on my model but, I cannot seem to get my uv map to show on the right! All i get is a map made by substance painter itself. Can anyone help me?

Hi,

That is your UV map - a default material is added in the viewport.

Daf

Yes but how do I use the UV map I made instead of the one that is given to me when i import the model?

Hi Camick,

Sorry but Painter doesn't generate UV map, if your mesh haven't UV The Painter Log shows this:
[Paint editor] Invalid scene, mesh 'MyMeshName' has no UV coordinates

The only explanation I see is that you have made several UV sets in your modeling software and you haven't define the good one as main.

Can you send me the mesh involved in PM ?

Best Regards,
QA Analyst and Technical Artist at Allegorithmic

Hi Camick,

Sorry but Painter doesn't generate UV map, if your mesh haven't UV The Painter Log shows this:
[Paint editor] Invalid scene, mesh 'MyMeshName' has no UV coordinates

The only explanation I see is that you have made several UV sets in your modeling software and you haven't define the good one as main.

Can you send me the mesh involved in PM ?

Best Regards,

This UV map you see in Painter is the same as your UV map in Blender. There is no second channel either, so it's a mystery what your first UV map is of.

Yea i noticed that after i went in. I must have not saved the blender file when i made the seams. Ill try that tomorrow and tell you guys what happens. Thanks for all your help so far.

that is what the problem was, thanks for help everyone