Author Topic: Exposed drop-down-list parameter not showing in Painter  (Read 2415 times)

Hi,
I've created a substance in Designer with the above parameter type.  When importing it into Painter, it's not visible at all.  What gives?
I've noticed that some shipped filters use this type of parameter, see Warp for example.

This is most likely because your parameter is not used by your Substance graph, therefor the cooking (sbsar creation) discard it. You can use the search tool above the graph in Substance Designer to verify if your parameter is used in your graph.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Well, I ran the lookup function tool, and it's showing the Slope Blur node using the parameter.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Care to have a look at the sbs file?  I've literally just exposed the parameter, didn't write custom functions or anything, which is maybe why it's not working?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6vlVG6cnXk9WVJJY2w5eFhobGc

Hi I am having the same problem with the slope blur node, the sbs file works as expected but they are missing in the sbsar file. The work around I used was using a multi switch node and plugging in 3 slop blur nodes (blur, min, and max). It's not ideal, and your post is over a year ago but hopefully will help anyone else in this situation.

You should post in the Substance Designer support section. This is related to the cooking of Substances, not the way they are imported in Substance Painter.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I took the liberty of moving the thread in the SD support forum so that someone from the Substance Designer QA team can investigate.

Hi,

The blending mode parameter can be exposed while working with .sbs, however once the graph is cooked to sbsar the blending mode will be set as static and will keep its default value.

As the Mode parameter of the Slope Blur Node is driven by several Blending mode inside of the reference graph, you won't be able to use it in a sbsar.

You can see it by right clicking on the Slope Blur Node and select Open reference

Q.A Analyst