Author Topic: Float2 and Random  (Read 2796 times)

Hi,

how can I randomise float 2 values (f.e x and y) and lock the values of x and y, like x and y = 3.
If I use "Random Uniform Float 2", it will randomise x and y as individual values.

For scaling, f.e the shape gets stretched, but I want to have an uniform scaling (x,y) of the shape.

Thx

It sounds like what you want can be done by randomizing a Float1 and feed that value into both contacts of the VectorFloat2 node, and use that.

It sounds like what you want can be done by randomizing a Float1 and feed that value into both contacts of the VectorFloat2 node, and use that.

Hi,

If I use this method, it will still randomise the x or y  scale value (?).

Atm I'm just playing around with the FX map to scratch the surfache of substance "coding".

I had no issue with randomising the rotation value, but atm I'm stuck in order to get an uniform scaling of a shape input.

Hey so you want to generate 2 random numbers which sum makes 3 ?
Something like this should help:

Hey so you want to generate 2 random numbers which sum makes 3 ?
Something like this should help:

Hi,

I've attached an example *sbs file. Within the FX Node -> last quadrant, I want to randomise the "pattern" size.

What I actually want is a "scale random" function like in the Tile Sampler Node.
I've tried the Tile Sampler Node, but the FX Node gives me a better pattern distribution within the mask.

My current problem is, that I can't uniformly scale the input shape, I can only scale it in a non-uniform way with the given "random function" substance designer provides.

Thx

This ?:

Yeah, exactly what I wanted.

Thx a lot Vincent.

You are welcome ;-)