Author Topic: Albedo not consistent between Unreal and Substance?  (Read 1257 times)

I am wondering why my albedo map becomes muted when importing into Unreal. I tried Color and Linear Color sampler types. I also tried unchecking sRGB for the albedo map, which made the thumbnail match what I was exporting from Substance, but it didn't actually change when used in the material editor. This seems to be a new problem to me, as every other material I've imported didn't have this problem, so I am not sure where my import is going wrong.

I am wondering why my albedo map becomes muted when importing into Unreal. I tried Color and Linear Color sampler types. I also tried unchecking sRGB for the albedo map, which made the thumbnail match what I was exporting from Substance, but it didn't actually change when used in the material editor. This seems to be a new problem to me, as every other material I've imported didn't have this problem, so I am not sure where my import is going wrong.

Hi,

Can you post the sbs file you are using? I can take a look.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi,

Can you post the sbs file you are using? I can take a look.

Cheers,
Wes

I got it to work when I use the Substance plugin, but not when I export the bitmaps.

I get the same problem when i export has bitmap of the albedo it look more bighter or white looks normal when imported with plugin but solol looks off and when sRGB is off the thumbnail look like in it would but still white or bighter .