Author Topic: Few small UI/UX improvements  (Read 1293 times)

Hello, I just wanted to collect in this thread few minor UI issue as I find them, before I get used to them. I hope that this may be useful. I'm just starting, so is possible that some features are already there but I just don't see them, please forgive me  ::)

In the 2D view many times it's hard to read what's the resolution and the bit depth of a node, it could be easier if these details were on the grey tools area underneath.
2. Selecting multiple nodes could show only common attributes in the parameters panel, so one could change them all at once.
3. I would like to have the option to toggle bit depth information to know which node I shoud demote. The connection lines between nodes have different strokes, but they seem not related to bit depth. What's the difference?

Blend nodes should have a per channel bit depth selector so they don't get promoted or demoted all at once.
Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 12:20:52 pm

Both of these changes would be fantastic! The first one's the easiest, I'd bet. Even just outlining the image data with a contrasting color (black or dark grey) would do the job just fine, without needing to change much at all.

Hey, thanks for the feedback: sharing this with the team.

"The connection lines between nodes have different strokes, but they seem not related to bit depth. What's the difference?"

This is something that's been nagging at me, actually. What do the different line weights represent?

I would like to have the option to toggle bit depth information to know which node I shoud demote. The connection lines between nodes have different strokes, but they seem not related to bit depth. What's the difference?
The width of the connection line is supposed to represent the bit depth. However there is a complicated bug which has been there since v1 and which we never got around to fix. It makes the connection width unreliable just after a graph instance (ie. after a red node which contains a graph, like the material blend node, as opposed to an "atomic" node which cannot be opened, like the warp node). We really have to completely rethink how this information is displayed, as it is currently not convenient at all.
Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 06:23:16 pm