Author Topic: Blending Mode dropdown menu appears on wrong monitor  (Read 3576 times)

Hello!

While working on my cintiq I have a second monitor above it. And if trying to change layer blending mode menu appears on my second monitor by a some reason. It's very annoying.  Is where a way to fix it somehow?

Thanks!

This is a know issue. Unfortunately we are unable to fix it at the moment.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

This is still an issue. Any news on a fix? There is no work around so it remains a bottleneck.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt McCulloch
Artist/Founder
Dasein House

Any news on this? Its been over a year now.

Right now we don't have any update regarding this issue.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hi, wondering if there is an update to this issue yet. I'm currently experiencing it on a triple monitor setup where the drop down appears on the first monitor while Substance Painter is on the third monitor.

Right now we don't have any update regarding this issue.

What about now? ;_;

Still no news on that matter unfortunately.
-----------

Is there any update on this?

I'm having the same issue. It happens only on my Wacom Cintiq. It doesn't matter if it's set as the primary display or not. The other 'monitor' is a 4K TV. It is a VERY bizarre bug. At first, I noticed that the bug would happen on only the 9th, 10th, and 11th 'slot' of the currently visible layers in the scroll bar. Meaning, if there were fewer than 9 slots (including effects) showing, I didn't see the bug happen.

But then I messed around a bit to test by dragging the window to the other monitor and verifying it worked, then setting Cintiq to the primary display and then back again when that didn't work. Finally, I went back to the Cintiq to verify that it was the 9th, 10th and 11th slot, but the behavior MOVED to the top four rows! Now only rows 5 and on worked properly. So far, I've seen it affect only 5 slots in a row at any one time, but that number changes as you move the panel around or move the application window.

I'd be curious for other people to test and see if they get similar behavior. It's extremely annoying and probably should have been fixed given it's been 3 years since first reported. I've occasionally had similar issues with Photoshop, but it would only happen if the drop-down were very close to the side of the tablet screen. This bug occurs if the Layer panel is clear on the other side of the screen.

Honestly, I'd put money on it being a Wacom driver issue. I've had nothing but trouble this tablet. Not even related to this bug is the fact that Windows/Cintiq displays an Alt,Ctrl, or Shift 'popup hint' when pressing those keys while using the pen in Substance Painter.
Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 04:48:48 am

This issue still exists, and quite honestly it's embarrassing that you have let something this serious go for over 3 years without being fixed.  I just purchased your suite and I'm very upset to find this issue.  Almost all artists work on multi-monitor systems and the layer blend mode feature is one of the most basic and core features in your program.  How could you let this go for this long?  Fix it!

It's actually more an issue on Qt side rather than being a Wacom one. Unfortunately we looked at it several times and there is no easy way to fix it for now. The main problem is that the menu is too big and don't have enough room to fit on the screen (either because the screen height is too small or because where the menu should appear won't fit entirely). So Qt fallbacks and displays it on the main screen which usually has more room. The only workaround I have found is to scroll the layer stack so that your layer is at the top, and then open the dropdown menu. That will only works if your (wacom) screen is big enough.
-----------

Still no fix on that? Really.............

Not only menus are popping on the wrong screen, the Color picker becomes completly useless, as it's just not working at all since the color picker is popped on the wrong monitor and picking from there just doesnt work.
Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 11:15:21 pm

Has this work around been talked about?
You can move the Windows 10 Taskbar onto your Cintiq screen and it resolves it

Not the best but at least it's workable now