Author Topic: Why isn't my substance properly transferring into unity?  (Read 1786 times)

I have a ceramic tile substance that i created in SD (5.6) and it has a few parameters exposed to allow for some customization. one of the exposed parameters is "Grout Mold" and in substance designer it works perfectly. However when publish the sbsar and import it into unity (5.4.2) and adjust the grout slider, its as if the generator isnt taking the opacity of the grout blend into consideration and is just overlaying the mold on the whole texture. (Note, the result is still the same if the slider is changed at runtime as opposed to non runtime.)

Without Mold in Substance:

With Mold in Substance:

Without Mold in Unity:

With Mold in Unity:

Also on a side note while i'm here, the roughness map doesnt seem to transfer the way i want it to unto unity either, i have a moisture setting to add wetness but it doesn't make any noticable change in unity.

I have a ceramic tile substance that i created in SD (5.6) and it has a few parameters exposed to allow for some customization. one of the exposed parameters is "Grout Mold" and in substance designer it works perfectly. However when publish the sbsar and import it into unity (5.4.2) and adjust the grout slider, its as if the generator isnt taking the opacity of the grout blend into consideration and is just overlaying the mold on the whole texture. (Note, the result is still the same if the slider is changed at runtime as opposed to non runtime.)

Without Mold in Substance:

Also on a side note while i'm here, the roughness map doesnt seem to transfer the way i want it to unto unity either, i have a moisture setting to add wetness but it doesn't make any noticable change in unity.

Hi,

Can you post the sbs file and I can take a look.

Cheers,
wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

I just discovered the solution!
Due to Unity Running on a SSE2 graphics engine as opposed to Substance Designer's standard setting of DirectX, some of my levels nodes which were set all the way to one side were whited out. changing the engine and adjusting the node values fixed this problem!

I just discovered the solution!
Due to Unity Running on a SSE2 graphics engine as opposed to Substance Designer's standard setting of DirectX, some of my levels nodes which were set all the way to one side were whited out. changing the engine and adjusting the node values fixed this problem!

Hi,

Thanks for posting the solution to your issue : ) Indeed there can be differences between CPU and GPU engines. Unity only allows for the CPU engine usage.

Cheers,
wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja