Author Topic: Steam Update Deisgner 5.6  (Read 2059 times)

Congrats on the release of Substance Designer 5.6!

Now my question, looks like 5.6 is out but within Steam the most recent update is for 5.5.3. The latest news is also for 5.5.3.

Will you guys be rolling out the 5.6 update late for Steam users? If so, when can we expect it?

My SD from Steam updated on day of release. Maybe check if you have automatic updates disabled for Substance Designer in Steam?

My SD from Steam updated on day of release. Maybe check if you have automatic updates disabled for Substance Designer in Steam?

I double checked that, and yeah it's set to auto update.

The weird thing is, if you look at the Steam page for Substance Designer, it shows that the most recent update news is from October 28 (version 5.5.3), so it's definitely not something wrong on my end if the official Steam news page for SD is saying that.

Maybe the update is being released at different times based on region? I'm in the USA.

Has anyone else seen the outdated news on the SD Steam page as well? Can anyone else confirm they're seeing that?

If I'm not mistaken news about the update are not tied with the update itself — someone from Allegorithimc should add them first. There could be no news on Steam about the update for some time, while the software itself will be already updated.

In any case, that's weird. You could try to delete your SD installation and try to download it again. If it will not download 5.6, then definetly something is wrong.

Alternatively, you could link your Steam account with your Allegorithmic account, so you would get a stand-alone license key for SD. You would be able to install SD 5.6 from the website, and use it before the issue with Steam update will be figured out (though I understand if you want to keep everything in Steam, but that's just an option for now).