Author Topic: 3ds Max Plugin Update - Beta plugin (2017 Version)  (Read 68223 times)

Hi!, Unfortunately I can get it to work on my pc. I can see the plugin, the new menu in the menu bar where I can set the options a so on. I load a substance in the plugin, I can see the preview in the substance2 node but whenever I plug any output into a material I get a broken preview and nothing renders, just the material as if no texture is applied. In corona for example, if I plug the normal, no matter what the sphere preview shows faceted as when normal gamma is incorrect or if I plug in the diffuse, nothing shows.
I use Corona render 1.7 but also tried with vray 3.6 and Arnold. I am using 3ds max 2018 update 3.

I don't know if there is a problem with the plug in or if I am doing something wrong. I do arch viz and I do pretty much all my texturing with substance so I am really looking forward to using this plugin so any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello @gastonsuarezpastor
The fault here is actually with the plugin. It is currently in a beta state and we are working to fix many of these issues as soon as possible.

There was a regression bug with the scanline renderer which has since been fixed and will be available next update.
Corona support is currently being worked on as we speak.

Vray 3.6 and Arnold should both be working within the current beta release. Are you using active shade or production rendering? If you are using active shade, would you be able to run a test production render with either Vray or Arnold?

As soon as the update is released, I can post an update here and I will also post an update in the 3ds Max section of our forums.

Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback!

Cheers!
Software Engineer, Integrations
daniel.stover@allegorithmic.com

Hello @gastonsuarezpastor
The fault here is actually with the plugin. It is currently in a beta state and we are working to fix many of these issues as soon as possible.

There was a regression bug with the scanline renderer which has since been fixed and will be available next update.
Corona support is currently being worked on as we speak.

Vray 3.6 and Arnold should both be working within the current beta release. Are you using active shade or production rendering? If you are using active shade, would you be able to run a test production render with either Vray or Arnold?

As soon as the update is released, I can post an update here and I will also post an update in the 3ds Max section of our forums.

Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback!

Cheers!

Hi Dan, thank you for your reply. I am using production rendering. I tried everything I can think of. It is not working. I recently did a fresh windows install along with all the software I use. Could I be missing a redistributable or something like that?

Hi. For those of you who are using Corona and want to play with sbsar files in 3ds max before Corona converter will be released by the allegorithmic team, here is a Corona Converter script based on the original "Substance PBR material to Vray material" script made by allegorithmic. Actually it is the same script with rights belonged to the author, but tweaked slightly to work with Corona.

thanks, Lex I'll give it a try later today.

When I tried to install this plugin, I found nothing in its components, there's nothing for me to select!
Why does this happen, is there any solution?

When I tried to install this plugin, I found nothing in its components, there's nothing for me to select!
Why does this happen, is there any solution?

Hi @frostace,
The new plugin is only compatible with 3ds Max 2018 which must be installed to see the plugin within the components section. We will support future version of 3ds Max as well with the new plugin. For older versions of 3ds Max, we have an updater available which will add support for Substance assets created in more recent versions of Substance Designer within the original 3ds Max Substance plugin.

Cheers!

Wanted to give the beta version of the plugin a try but I can't seem to get it to even install correctly.
I have max 2018 but when I install the plugin (attached to the original post) I still only get the old substance map.
No menu etc. The only thing that gets added is the substance pbr to vray mat button.

Wanted to give the beta version of the plugin a try but I can't seem to get it to even install correctly.
I have max 2018 but when I install the plugin (attached to the original post) I still only get the old substance map.
No menu etc. The only thing that gets added is the substance pbr to vray mat button.

Hi @Ralphr,
This original post is for the original plugin updater. This update installer adds compatibility with new versions of Substance Designer for the original plugin. For the current beta plugin for 2018 can be found here:
https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/download

Cheers!

Well..... now I feel stupid. Thank you for the link, Dan!

Well..... now I feel stupid. Thank you for the link, Dan!

No reason to feel stupid as this link is rather hidden.
I am happy to help!
We will be releasing 1.0 in the very near future so keep an eye out!  :D

For some reason my interactive rendering isn't working with SB2 plugin. Any known issues?

For some reason my interactive rendering isn't working with SB2 plugin. Any known issues?

Hi,

Are you using Activeshade in the viewport? Which renderer are you using?

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi,

Are you using Activeshade in the viewport? Which renderer are you using?

Cheers,
Wes

Separate Activeshade in vray framebuffer.

hello guys,
 does this plugin update supports substance designer 2017?, because when I use some of the new nodes like the flood fill the material doesn't work properly in 3ds max, I am using 3ds max 2016