Author Topic: 3ds Max Plugin Update - Beta plugin (2017 Version)  (Read 66723 times)

Hi again,

After few test i check between B2M + Designer and max and I find some differences due to gamma/shader I think.
Any solution/ tweak that i can apply on my basic material output from max?

https://imgur.com/AWnAJKQ

https://imgur.com/QtQCRbJ

Have a nice day,

Best,

HI,

Are you exporting maps from B2M and using them as textures in Max or are you using the Substance plugin?

Cheers,
wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

we use substance plugin, which bridge Sbsar to Max.

we use substance plugin, which bridge Sbsar to Max.

Currently in the beta updater we have for max, color correction is not done on the outputs. You need to use a color correction node manually to fix gamma issues. We will have this automated in the new V2 plugin.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Awesome,

Thank you Wes,

Best,

Hi also see an issue, which is really painfull.

When we work in max with substances, to set perfect UV matching on modular environment. When we export in FBX, it crashed all the time. After few test, when we unplug susbtances, the export works well.

Here's the post in Autodesk forum.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-forum/fbx-export-and-substances/td-p/7395206

Best,

Question for Wes - any news when we can expect the new plugin to come out? More or less specific date maybe. Thank you in advance sir.

We installed the beta, and it is hit or miss with stability; depending on the substance file. We downloaded some of the free files found at Substance Source. Glossy Terracotta seems to work. But others, like Rusted Painted Metal, cause 3ds Max to freeze and crash if you try reloading the substance, changing to another substance, or even deleting the nodes in the material editor. Tried in 3ds Max 2015, 2017, and 2018, with and without VRay.

Any chance we can get a Substance > Corona preset in the beta? if it's not a huge deal to add. Looking forward to testing it out.

Any chance we can get a Substance > Corona preset in the beta? if it's not a huge deal to add. Looking forward to testing it out.

Hi James,
This is currently planned and will be available soon.  :D

Cheers!
Software Engineer, Integrations
daniel.stover@allegorithmic.com

Hi James,
This is currently planned and will be available soon.  :D

Cheers!

Beautiful, I've been waiting for this moment for years. Good work Allegorithmic!

we installed the new Beta 3d max plugin (substance 2)

and we are having problems with substance to vray.
Nodes get setup like we would think but it does not seem like the texture info is moving over into the nodes

forgot to mention , I doing this on my home PC and using corona, but the same thing is happeing in VRay and Corona.

Here is an example of the workflow working on the old substance plugin.

Same here - new beta plugin don't work. No problems with old Substance plugin..

I reinstalled this morning.
I have tried 4 substance source materials and the conversion process seems to be working better, but still seeing, problems will post soon

Hi @danielmn,
The plugin is still in a beta state and is still in production. Corona is next on our list to test and support.  :D
You mentioned you are getting the same results using V-Ray? Can you post a screenshot of those results?

Cheers
Software Engineer, Integrations
daniel.stover@allegorithmic.com