Author Topic: I keep having to reactivate Substance Designer.  (Read 3679 times)

As far as I know, we can activate the program on 2 computers, right? Last week I wasn't able to activate Substance Designer on my laptop so I used the contact form on the site and my reactivations were reset. All was working fine. Yesterday (29 March) I downloaded SD 3.5 on my laptop, no problem activating it. This morning I downloaded SD 3.5 on my desktop but wasn't able to activate it. Kind of annoying, but no biggie because I could just work on my laptop.

I just closed SD on my laptop, went to lunch, opened it again and I get the activation screen. When I enter my activation key now I get the error saying the program can't be activated. Tried it on my desktop again and I get the same error.

So at this moment, I seem to be locked out of the program on both my machines. I already sent a new e-mail about the issue, but I was wondering (hoping) that an admin would catch it here too and help me out. I'd like to get some more work done during Easter weekend :)

The same here.

We are investigating the activation issue and plan to release a hotfix as soon as possible. Could you post your OS specs please ?

Sorry for the inconvenience, I will keep you posted.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I will keep you posted.

I've been working in Evaluate mode for the last two days, so it's not all bad:) But a fix for this issue would be appreciated of course.

Desktop:
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
i5 2500 3.30Ghz
8GB RAM
Geforce 450 GTS

Laptop:
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
8GB Ram
AMD Radeon HD 7730M

Also, I don't really understand how the "Activate from another computer" function works. I'm able to generate an activation_id file, but when I upload it I get an error saying it's not a valid file. How exactly are you supposed to use this? Export the activation_id file for a computer where the program is already activated? And are you suppose to use this if you have already used your 2 activations but then want to deactivate it on one machine and reactivate it on another?

I've just installed SD 3.5 on my MBP, same issue - it won't activate and the manual procedure doesn't seem to work, as well.   ???