Author Topic: Painter Textures not looking right on UE4  (Read 5508 times)

Hello everyone, I've just recently started using Substance Painter. I finished texturing my model and exported my textures and maps for use in UE4 but when i added all my textures, maps and plugged everything in, the textures ended up looking much more dark/lighter and the normal maps didn't seem to do much (the stone texture looks very flat and smooth in UE4 when it should look rough like actual stone like it does in Painter) than they did in Painter. I've tried unchecking sRGB in UE4 and changing it to a Linear Color but that didn't seem to help. If anyone could offer any advice, i would appreciate it.

the hdri must be the same in order to get somewhat similar results
drop a reflection sphere in your ue4 scene as well, this is very important, especially for metallic surfaces

the normal map you are exporting in your preset is only the mesh maps (the bake), what you need to put in the normal export slot is the converted map "normal directx"

for AO, I'd put "mixed AO", under converted maps as well

set your packed map to linear color, normal to.. well, normal, and basecolor to srgb

Hi,

To add to @zurhoch posts, you also need to add a reflection probe. Currently your scene is not reflecting and you are getting black for the metal areas. You need to have a skylight and add a reflection probe.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

In Photoshop, go to Image -> Mode -> and select "8 bits per channel." Substance will save out as 16 but Unreal won't handle it properly.

In Photoshop, go to Image -> Mode -> and select "8 bits per channel." Substance will save out as 16 but Unreal won't handle it properly.

HI,

You can also set the bitdepth to 8bit on export from Painter.

Cheers,
wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja